Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Swapping

Laurie over at Old School Acres is one of my original blog friends. I know her blog is the first one that I saw my blog listed on... you know the first one where you don't know the person already. You just go and read and comment and the one day, THERE IS YOUR BLOG NAME. It might as well be in lights because it's that much of a thrill. Well it was for me anyway. So she's on the top of my Sweet People list. Because besides doing that she is very sweet. I love reading about her daily life, her kids and her farm.

Anyway, as usual I get away from the subject. Laurie makes some wonderful animals. Go there and look, I'll wait while you do!!! One day up pops a pig on her blog and I was just nuts over it. Elizabeth likes pigs and I really really really wanted to get one of those pigs because she likes the striped kind and I know they have a fancy English name but whatever, Striped Pig. Gotta Have It. My lucky day, Laurie mentions she'd like to swap.. so I say hey I'd like to swap WHATEVER YOU WANT for a pig. So we did. She totally got the raw end of the deal, a box of scrap fabric, I GOT A PIG. And as a bonus, she sent me the sweetest little bird. Because Laurie is just that sweet. I have been dying over the birds since she started showing them off. And its a sweet yellow bird and I love yellow and have a tiny yellow chick collection.


See I told you! CUTEST BIRD IN THE HISTORY OF CUTE BIRDS.

Thank you Laurie.

* Elizabeth will be showing off her pig sometime soon, keep checking to see it, its freaking amazing.

14 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

It IS pretty darn cute, have to admit. And it looks like it's about to tell you something special.
The perfect little chick for PKM!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You made me blush!!!

I love you to bits, Pam. You are so kind and generous.

I had no idea you have a yellow chick collection. How cool is that?!?!?

I will argue with you until the day I die about who got the better end of the deal. Nine pounds of fabric scraps and wool felt for a pig and a chick? You got hosed!!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetest bird ever..sooo much personality...thanks for coming by the blog earlier Pam always look forward when your name pops up....let me know if you make one of the tiebacks would love to see..so proud of myself for doing it...not the best teacher but I think people will figure it out...all my best, Jennifer

9:57 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

::swoon::

10:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

You totally crack me up. "I know they have a fancy english name, but whatever. Striped pig." LOLOL

P.S. Why is it only your blog that doesn't let me immediately sign in with my google account? I always lose my comment and have to start again. Pfft.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how ADORABLE!! Sooo sweet!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only we all could get so "hosed"! OMG... the little chickie is ADORABLE and I love how she's in front of the (Darlene Zimmerman?) basket quilt!

Laurie is amazing and she's truly the Queen of the Stuffies! You are both so lucky. Having been a lucky recipient of some PKM fabric... I know you both scored!

11:25 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

What an adorable bird. Lucky you!

11:58 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

stopping by to say hello...missing you

6:09 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Pam, you have been my Laurie!

That really is the cutest frickin' bird I have ever seen! Now I want one too. That bird and also the deer ornament that Bitter Betty made for Future Girl that smoking a cigarette.

That is so darn cute.

6:41 PM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

oooh.. chickie love.. tweet..chirp.. cheep..

And I have seen Old School Acres piggies..
Lucky Elizabeth!!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a totally wonderful feeling to find your blog listed somewhere you've never been to before. Laurie's creatures are cute!

8:17 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

So cute. I know, I love her little animals, especially her new chick! :)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet little birdie!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older