Thursday, May 24, 2007

Nightblogger

I don't know how I got all turned around posting at night. I'm not that much of a night owl really, so staying up late crafting posts isn't the norm. Maybe it's the shake up around here with Frankie back home. Anyway. Just more weird stuff about me. Told you, 7 just wasn't enough.

I waxed poetically on last nights post that got wiped out by blogger's fast auto-save before I could control-z, about coffee and how much I love to wake up to a cup of coffee on the nightstand. And lo and behold, this morning there was one. And I'm not talking that old leftover cup, a fresh piping hot cup courtesy of Bret. That is such a treat, made extra special because he doesn't even drink coffee. And its not like he just has to push a button, I use a french press, so it really has to be MADE. So Mr. B, thanks for the deligthful treat this morning.
Elizabeth has been working on stuff that needs photo shopping, so I stopped by to share my thimble's worth of knowledge with her. She requested an audience with Peep, our little girl Norwich terrier. Doesn't she look cute? She's a car ride loving girl, but Rocket doesn't like the car ride so I rarely split them up. Frankie volunteered to take Rocket out walking, so Peep was free to go with me.

To some people our love of our little dogs and their treatment like children is weird, but I don't care. They are an important part of our family.


Lately hasn't the evening weather been nice? Last night I was sitting out on the swing at dusk, it was cool and there was a light breeze. I saw two big barn owls swoop out into the neighbor's trees. We used to have two big white barn owls nesting in our giant ugly palm tree. At night Frankie and I would lay in the hammock and wait for them to fly out. We'd talk and share the day, look at the stars, imagine things. It was quite lovely.


The owls were quite special to us. The neighbors behind us wanted us to take down the tree, but nesting owls are protected and we refused. The tree is ugly and awful but we wouldn't do it. This made us unpopular with the neighbors, who were sure the feds wouldn't come get us. I loved the owls though, and it made me sad when they left. Seeing those owl silhouettes last night brought back some nice memories.

Have a good weekend my little owlets. Be safe this holiday!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always think it's weird when people don't treat their dogs like part of the family. You know, making them stay outside in the yard all the time and stuff. I think Peep is quite the sweetheart and she looks thrilled to have her vantage point!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

What a CUTE pooch !!!! And I completely understand that your pooches are just kids with fur -- I'm the same with my kitties -- Sam, Shadow and Daisy -- they're my 4-legged kids with a tail and furcoat.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both your little pups are cuties. Can't wait to get together with you soon for a gabfest.

8:40 AM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

Your pup is very cute. We have a Cairn terrier that looks very similar.

Good for you for not cutting down the owl tree - I wouldn't have either.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, that's why you get the owl visitors...they know who the cool people are.
Love,
anonymous

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your sentiment about your dogs as children. We have 3 wiener doggies, and they are our kids. They love you unconditionally, and that's the best, don't you think?

I LOVE your blog - you have given me the courage (almost) to start my own!

Enjoy the weekend! By the way, your pup is adorable!

Sincerely, Nan

10:54 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Peep is adorable and I love her name. She looks very soft. Our pit bull thought she was a lap dog and didn't like to ride in the back seat. So, being the nice pit bull mommy and daddy, we'd let her sit in front. She was a happy girl. Whoever she was sitting on was usually not happy because her nails would dig into our legs. Oh well, the things we do for our kids! :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

We can't split up our dogs either. That was a smart trick to have Frankie walk Rocket so you can make a getaway with Peep! You're babies are just THE CUTEST!

We had an owl at our old house. Who, who, who all night long. I liked it and thought it was cool. My neighbors who lived closer to The Owl Tree disagreed.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm going to have to post another photo of my dog now. I'm glad there are dog lovers out there in blogland. Seems to be alot of cat lovers as well.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable little Peep!! *sigh* We can't have a dog in our townhouse we rent. But, your husband and the fresh coffee is lovely. My husband hates coffe but bought me a capucchino maker and is the only persona who knows how to make the Frother work properly... Great post!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute little Peep! I've always wanted a dog but Emma cat needed a home. And I'm so glad i took her in.

Have a good weekend Pam!

10:19 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

What!?. . . the little hairy ones aren't our children. . .? Says who?!

Your little Peep is a cutie-pie! Don't the Norwich Terriers & the Cairn Terriers have the most soulful, beautiful eyes! Love 'em!

Good weekend to you too Pam!

xo, - Bren

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PEEP???? OMG that is the most fabulous doggie name I have heard in ages and I work at a VET (so...ya know, I've heard some names in my time! My other fave is Purrabola - the cat of a math teacher)! Frankly, if someone doesn't like pets or treat them well, I wonder about them. Like, I wonder when they're going to start going on a killing rampage. Pets are people, too. I am in love with Peep's little Norwich Terrier face!!! Oh, the pooches and kitties! I can't get enough!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peep is adorable, but I loved your story about the owls. How beautiful! I don't think I've ever had an owl tree near my home, I wish I had! ~A :-)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Shabbee Chick said...

Isn't she ca-yute!?! I have a little doggie too and I wove her!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older