Thursday, May 31, 2007

You know it's a happy work day when..

..you come to the store and find Leslie has worked her display magic on the windows. Sorry the photos don't do it justice, its absolutely darling. I just feel happy when I look at it. You would too, trust me. She has a gift.






.. and fun customers. Carol and Elizabeth yuk it up. Carol likes to come in and keep tabs on me and I like it when Carol comes in because she keeps me inspired with her projects. We had fun today, Carol was picking out some fabrics from the new Roman Holiday line to go with one of Elizabeth's new patterns. (Go to Elizabeth's blog and DEMAND that she shows their covers there until her website update is done. Then come back I'm not done here!)






Elizabeth came in to help me to pick out some fabrics for her new pattern R is for Rose. Again with the Roman Holiday. I was just totally loving that red and cream look. And while we were distracted, Carol started choosing fabrics for the Follow your Heart pattern by Elizabeth.



And look, finally, our Fresh Cut is in, Heather Bailey's first line.. I'm sure the second line is probably in the UPS trucks right now.
Frankie already chose two prints for another cute little dress, the bold yellow/pink/aqua stripe and the one to the left of it. Yummy.



Another thing that's good, our new treadmill. Or the 'walker' as we call it. Not like I have some kind of huge fitness goals, but I enjoy the treadmill. This one is so quiet I could hear Crossing Jordan with no trouble at all.

15 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I have just got to get over to the shop. What an appealing window display!
I love the idea of singling out the creams and reds of Roman Holiday for a project. I am also loving Fresh Cut, but have not zeroed in on an idea as to how best to use it.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute window display, I wish I was close enough to pop over for a visit!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

If I ever get to travel to North CA I'm definitely coming to visit the shop - it's darling. I sew with a friend who visits frequently and goes on and on about it. Sigh - I want to visit!

So much cute stuff!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I love all the red and cream too, but especially in combination with the green in the pile.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, what a lovely day you had! Freshcut Fabrics!!! You lucky duck! I can't find any in my area... Elizabeth's patterns are a clever as always.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm having not one... but TWO cigarettes after looking at the photos!!!!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's all so luscious! I wish I could just pop over right now! ~A :-)

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, shoot! Now I see a couple of pieces of Fresh Cut I think I need...Guess I'll have to go back!
Love,
anonymous

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!! Wow, I love that display!! I wish I had windows like that in my store, they are so cute! I love the old sewing machine painted white, I'm going to be looking for one now at garage sales! Do you guys have garage sales out there in California? Or is that just a midwest thing? Anyway, I just got my Heather Bailey Fresh Cut fab's too! We were so excited, it was like Christmas. I also got the new Martha's Vineyard line from Susan Branch. Have you seen that one yet? It is sooooo fun! Also got Dick and Jane fab's. It has been a couple of fabulous days here at our store! Keep up with the pictures, loved seeing the puppies and the girls! Talk to you soon. Love Ya!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OoooohhhHH! Love everything on that window display. BTW, what is the brand of that fabric with red, orange, yellow and aqua flowers in the background? I love it! Lucky Carol! Cool photos PKM! Keep 'em coming.

8:00 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i'm just going to move into that window. okay? okay.

8:30 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

I am SO glad I do not live near your shop. We would be living on the street near your shop with shopping carts full of fabric that NO ONE could touch.

I am, however, scheming how I can stop by on our next trip to Santa Rosa . . .

8:46 PM  
Blogger atet said...

That bold yellow stripe Heather Bailey fabric is such fun and works up wonderfully -- I just used it to make some pants for my daughter!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! Sure do love your blog...Leslie sure does have a gift, and I, her Mom, has her as my gift...she is the sunshine of my life! Have a great day!

10:11 AM  
Blogger The Wooden Spool said...

Wow, where is this window! I need to visit there! I love your darling blog! So much color and life here!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older