Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Getting Back on Track

The show this past weekend was good. First day off, RAIN. I know, first time in 10 years. I wasn't there on Saturday, but I hear the quilts went up in the buildings and the vendors took refuge where they could inside or under the covered areas.
Saturday the store was swamped with people. I haven't cut so much fabric or hauled so many bolts around in one day in a long time. I'll need to get into some training if I have to do that again.
I tried for some photos of the shop, but they just didn't turn out. Quilts and fabric were all moved around and it looked good.

I had to work all day Saturday. I felt a little sad about it because Bret was meeting up with Frankie and her friend Michael for dinner and to trade out cars. I guess they felt a little sad about missing me as well, because he turned around and came back for me. Bret works a lot of hours so I don't see much of him during the week, and I normally wouldn't work weekends because of it. Anyway, we had a wonderful time. I got to leave a few minutes early and it all worked out great.

Sunday it was nice out and the quilts were hung outside. I'll have lots of photos to share once I pile through them, so until then you'll just have to enjoy these lovely begonias.



Holly is sharing some really funny photos of her cats, you should hop on over to see those. It's the bibs that are just killing me.

I just finished some machine quilting for Elizabeth, so looks like I'll have time to go through my photos and pick the very best ones for you! On most of them I can see the number so I'll even know who made them, which is doubly nice. So until then my friends, have a wonderful rest of the week!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the quilt display picture. Wish I could get a closer look.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be frugal with the photos you choose... show them ALL! So far the ones you've shown are making me drool (as always) and I ache that I couldn't have been there.

I hope you're getting some well deserved rest after your big weekend.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, those flowers are beautiful. Good photography there girlfriend. Are you free to do weddings??LOL!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures of the quilts. So get busy!!!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Sounds like you had quite a busy week-end! The begonias are very pretty. I don't grow any of those but I might in the future.

Wish I could have seen all the quilts, so I look forward to seeing your pictures of them.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

yum yum yum!

those flowers look good enough to eat!

H2

3:07 PM  
Blogger Doe said...

I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I was too busy admiring the flowers. Very beautiful!

Oh, you were talking about the quilt show. Hope to see some pics soon.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wasn't that rain badly timed? I can just imagine the scramble it caused for the show! Gorgeous begonia pictures--one of my favorite flowers, but my yard is too sunny to grow them!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I'm sorry it rained during the show, but glad that you were able to keep busy and profitable. Those flower pictures are gorgeous!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it rained...but I'm sure the quilts were still beautiful!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older