Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Flight of Fancy

Good morning dear readers! How are you today? It's been a rainy couple of days here but nothing like I've seen in the news! I've been reading the Daily Astorian to check on Monica. That was some storm they had up there. Hopefully she'll have power soon and can let us know. I'm thinking of you Monica!!
Here's my latest project all lined up. I got my pretty red floral border and my Katie Jump Rope greens from Jane's shop. I also got that cute Japanese background print there, third from the bottom of the lights! How sweet is that? Jane has set aside the fabric for those interested, call or email her. Some of the new reds are from the shop. We have a nice selection there right now. The rest I've pulled out of my stash. Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find a good focus fabric lately? I've been looking for quite a while with this project in mind. I still need to pull some blacks for the birds, it's on my to do list.
The project is Elizabeth's Flight of Fancy. It's a block of the month and I'll be honest, it's the first BOM I've tried and my first big applique project! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.
Elizabeth is offering free shipping for the next 7 days (12/7 to 12/14) if you mention PKM!! (retail orders) You can also find the pattern here and here.

Anyone want to play along?

That's it for this week my friends. I hope you have a great weekend!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Pam, What beautiful fabric choices - so fresh and bright! And Elizabeth, what a beautiful pattern! I can't wait to see it done so just hurry up! :)
mary

2:23 PM  
Blogger Dena Rooney-Berg (SugarShop) said...

Looks like fun, it'll be fun to see the finished project! Have a great weekend!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I have been thinking about Monica tons too. They still don't have their power? I hope she's all right. I feel like I need to dig her phone number out of my e-mail archives and see if I can get a hold of her.

I'm not ready for BOM.

4:05 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

that's gonna be so pretty!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Those fabrics are so pretty Pam. I love that blue cherry print. What's that from?? Your colors are wonderful.
I wish I had time for a BOM. I'm barely getting done with what I've got going on now. LOL!!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling! And good for you! Taking on a BOM. I always say just go for it! Do share your progress with us! Your colors are just adorable! Love the pattern!

gloria g. Richards, TX

8:54 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Love your choice of fabrics! Can't wait to see the result. You'll have to blog your progress! Great fabric for a great quilt! (:

9:10 PM  
Blogger alobsiger said...

It sure is pretty. Maybe I'll play along...let me ponder. Maybe a Kaffe-y version?

6:04 AM  
Blogger calamitykim said...

Can I just say thank you for letting us know about Monica. I had given up, almost going to her Blog, camping out, waiting for a new post. I don't watch much TV and didn't know about the weather. Maybe I can adopt you until she comes back to Blogville and you can talk to me. I have gotten very sad and lonely, missing our Friend Monica. *sigh*
I actually came to ask a favor. I don't know if you know Natalie over at ChickenBlog, but she has just published her 1,000th post and is hostessing a giveaway drawing for everyone who leaves a comment between now and Dec 11th. You have a big mouth, er, um, know a lot of people in Blogville and could help her get more than 14 comments- maybe like 50 or 100!!!! She has never had more than 14 comments in all these years. please, oh, Pam Kitty Morning, Please, won't you help a fellow quilter and Blogger out and Throw up a link and a prayer for her???? Please?Call the Neighbors! Tell your Friends!!! Wake the Dog!!! Ring the Bell! CHICKEN BLOG!!!!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Picture me: Coming over to thank you, Pam, for leaving me a comment and to giggle self consciously about all the fuss Kim is making, and then Lordy I see she was really singing my praises... could a blogger have a nicer, more generous friend and ally? I should pay her an agent's fee. Thank you Pam for visiting and for the congrats... it's been a fun ride, and made all the more special when I get to bask in Kim's spotlight lol.
I love the fabrics you've set aside and I am going straight over to check the links you've included. The reds look vivid and bright... I have a hard time finding a good variety of reds.
I was so happy to read at Happy Zombie that they are OKay... what a storm!

12:33 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Lovely colors! I bet this quilt will be great. So bright and cheerful.

JulieQ

6:40 PM  
Blogger Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

OOooh, I *promised* myself no new projects until I clear out my backlog of UFO's, but I'm going to love watching this one from afar--cute fabrics!
~Angela :-)

9:59 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Ooohh -- what pretty fabrics! I would love to play along -- but I have GOT to get to some of my PIPs first (Projects in Plastic bins!). Still -- this is one to dream about!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

Love your choices Pam, but you always get it right! Wish I had time for ANOTHER BOM, maybe later, it would be fun to do them together.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That's going to be one gorgeous quilt. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Thanks for the shop links, I like to check out shops I haven't visited on-line before.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older