Saturday, January 19, 2008

Field Trip

One of the places we headed out to this week was Thimblecreek. Sorry to miss my friend Chickie there, she's a doll and I'll have to go back on a Tuesday because I'd like to say hi! Well HI CHICKIE.. sometimes she takes a gander at the blog. Sorry I missed you and Sandy.

This cheery Valentine's quilt greeted you when you walked in. I love Valentine's Day and the whole happy red and white thing..

Here's a display of our friend Anne's fabric. What a sweet line this Miss Emma's Garden is. I love the cocoa colored background of the floral, and the wonderful dots. And the sweet bird in the floral, I love that.

There's lot of embroidery at Thimblecreek. I believe Sandy has a drop in group for it on Monday mornings once a month.

There is a whole section of thirties fabrics, which you know, are my favorite thing. They are such cheerful colors and fabrics, what's not to like. Speaking of 30's fabrics, check out the latest from Laurie.
There are also cute garments and purses there... I love this cute jacket and skirt combo. The designers is Kay Whitt of Serendipity Studios.


Ran into one of my favorite bloggers there, Jackie! She was picking up a purse from Bari, another blogger. Bari makes some wonderful bags.

Anyway my dears, a fun day was had.. but now, back to work. Alex is keeping my nose to the sewing machine. And I love it!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Forseth said...

Good morning Pam!

I'm not sure if our paths have ever crossed, but I am happy to have found your blog :). I will add you to mine!

I keep hearing the name Thimble Creek, I'll have to visit there sometime. The shop looks just yummy, wonderful fabrics!

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the great weather. Can you believe that it is supposed to be in the low 40's on Monday? Yikes!

~Kitty

11:10 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

You were in my home shop. You should have called, then we could have blogged about each other. (:

3:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was fun and it's always good to come home with more fabric. Since clearly we need more fabric.

4:03 PM  
Blogger atet said...

That shop looks just lovely! You keep making me wish I lived on the left hand coast!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear Pam, So sorry to have missed seeingyou.I blog you everyday! fondly chickie.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get down to the Bay Area as often as I would like, but whenever I do, Thimeble Creek is always one of my stops. Such a great shop! Thanks for sharing the photos.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Now you've truly struck a chord! My dream is to fly to that area just to spend lots of time at Thimblecreek. Sigh! That would be absolute bliss!

Thank you for sharing pictures!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, Pam. It was nice to meet you. It didn't dawn on me until later that you were Pam of PKM fame! I love your blog and read it all the time.

Thanks for mentioning me in your post!

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun, how fun, how fun. I've not been to TC since before they moved and I loved your tour!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

What a darling shop! I've heard about it many times, but it was fun to have a peek inside. I think one of these days you should blog about your stash, and definitely include pictures. Now THAT is something I would LOVE to see!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Wow, love that shop. What wonderful displays. I especially love the Valentines Day one. Thanks for the tour!

5:11 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

What a sweet shop. Glad you had fun fondling fabric and seeing friends!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thimblecreek is my all-time favorite quilt shop! So nice to think that one of my favorite bloggers live so close by:)

Hope you don't mind, but I have put a link to your blog on my website...

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older