Monday, February 18, 2008

This and That

Good Monday morning my fine feathered friends, how are you all? Long weekend for many of you I'm sure, normal week for us here. Bret's getting ready for work and I'm getting ready to head over to Diana's to pick up a quilt she quilted for Alex. It's the red and white quilt I was working on a couple of weeks ago.
Last week some of you didn't get what I was talking about in this post. I thought my picture told the whole story, so I apologize for the confusion. I had the whole quilt finished and then discovered I had reversed positions of the blocks. Nothing cool about taking blocks out of the center of a finished quilt and repositioning them. But I sure learned my lesson about working on black at night.
We went on a field trip last week to The Quilter's Inn for some dots. Jane has a great shop there and it was crammed with fabric and people we love!!
Look at these sweet hearts and strawberries made by Kathy. Love how they look all piled up here in the little tub.
Here's my haul. I've been looking for dots on white or cream, and Jane has some coming, so I'll head back then. I still long for my yellow dot on white.. I know I'm not alone.
Ok, I better go finish up getting ready and hit the road. Happy happy my peeps!

11 Comments:

Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I have to get that strawberry dot fabric. That is going to haunt me all day until I figure out where I can get some. And speaking of strawberries those she made are lovely.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I'm going to come up with a comment that's not dripping with drool after seeing that strawberry fabric is beyond me. OH. MY. GAWD. I'm jumping in the car and heading south! I wish. Love all your haul... but that polka-berry is JUST TO MUCH!

I love the APQ cover quilt. Saw it and it screamed Darlene to me... and opening it up come to find out it's her daughter's. The apple doesn't fall far from that talented tree!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TOO much.

To, too, two... there, their, they're... I cringe when I goof those.

11:58 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

What a fun field trip! Will there be a test later? ;-)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nothing more fun than a quilt shop field trip!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun at the shop! Your strawberry fabric is terrific!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the fabric that you picked up!! Yummy strawberries!

7:54 PM  
Blogger PAMTASTIC! said...

yes, yellow dots on white sounds devine!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Great fabric as always! Love the stawberries!

11:26 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Strawberries and hearts...sounds great to me! I am glad you had a good expedition.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a woman after my own heart Pam! And that strawberry fabric is just adorable - I saw that somewhere in another colorway but I think I like this one better... :)

Dots on cream coming? Let us all know what you find so we can join in on the fabric find. I can't resist a good dot.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older