Friday, February 22, 2008

You could be swinging on a star!

Last week Quilts Inc announced their Silver Star Award Winner for 2008, and it's my fav quilting celebrity Alex Anderson. It's a huge award in the quilting world..HUGE. You quilters might know her from her many books or the show Simply Quilts that ran for 10 years. Some of you might have checked out The Quilt Show, which is her latest endeavor.
I met Alex when I first started working at Going to Pieces, a quilt shop in Pleasanton, probably 13 years ago. Now I can hardly believe that I have had the opportunity to help her with projects, and even participate in a book! Not to mention most importantly, having her for a friend.
Alex and her daughter Adair goofing around in Alex's studio
If you feel so inclined, please go here and leave a congratulatory message for Alex and tell her I sent you!!
And now, to make this about me, I'm stunt sewing for a Silver Star Award Winner!! Talk about next level my friends!
Ok, happy weekend !!!! It's going to be a rainy one here, so I can stay inside and maybe even sew!

10 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

You know. . . behind great people are. . .
more great people!
(Oh, and. . . at this rate. . . (& at this 'level') - I think you should be the one giving out t-shirts at this market!!! :-)
xo, Bren

12:47 PM  
Blogger Heidi Kaisand said...

I had not heard this wonderful news! Thanks for sharing. I've already left her an e-mail.

Heidi

2:11 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Awesome achievment for Alex and what a great feeling it must be to be stunt sewing for such a neat lady and accomplished teacher and artist. I have taken several classes with Alex and she is such a down to earth person. I will zip over and leave her a note. Thanks for the heads up.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Sequana said...

I've been a member of The Quilt Show from the very beginning. Alex and Ricky Tims get better with each show. I love what they're doing over there.

4:25 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

You're such a rock star yourself Pam. ;-) xoxo

4:45 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I love what Bren said and I echo her sentiments! Huge congrats to you both!!!! HUGE!
xoxo,
m

5:25 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What great news and congrats to our very own favorite stunt sewing person. You go girl, we are all very proud of you too :-)!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Terrific news for both you and Alex!! Always nice to have a special friend that shares the sames interests as yourself. A special bonus that you get to participate in the stunt quilting.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Doe said...

Congrats to our super-duper rock star!!!!! And Alex, too. tee-hee!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats to Alex.. but CONGRATS to you.. what an honor!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older