Monday, April 14, 2008

Field Trip

Friday was a great, the weather was perfect. Low 80's. We cruised over to check out the new quilt shop in Clayton, not yet open. It's called Donna's Quilt Loft I believe and it opens on the 16th. If you go, let me know how it is. I probably won't be over that way again for a while.
We went to Thimblecreek and found some goodies. And we found a little Bunny.

And some bunny friends.


I wish I had taken the time to see who was the designer of that cute quilt. If you know, leave a comment for us!

Our friend is totally represented! She's got a new book coming, can't wait.

More local peeps.

And some Sandy..

Thimblecreek has some amazing samples. The place was crammed with beautiful quilts.

Bought a few pieces.. Love how the pink and aqua looks together. Also picked up some green that I love and had used up,. These look so pretty on chenille. It was a good day now back to the grindstone.

16 Comments:

Blogger jen duncan said...

Looks like a wonderful shop. Glad you're having a grand time. :-)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, shoot! I didn't look to see who the designer was either. She's awfully talented, tho.
It was a fun outing!

10:07 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

I just love seeing my Cuddles quilt made up in the Simplicity fabrics!. . . & I love the chair they have it on. . . (I am so in a time to re-decorating my house mood. . . !) Thanks for the mention. . . my friend! See you SOON!!!!
xo, Bren

10:37 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Lisa is going to flip when I take her to Thimblecreek!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Fun Fun. I've been meaning to comment on that white chenille. Wow. I love it.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great field trip! I'm counting down the days to when I can finally experience a field trip with you guys! Oregon style.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Within A Quarter Inch said...

I know it's called 'Whimsey Park'. And I can tell you the designer when I get home because I totally have a kit for this quilt (which I purchased from Thimblecreek, MY all time favorite store) at PIQS.

Hope that helps!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Gosh, you guys have all the fun (said with a frowny face and folded arms). I wish I lived closer! See ya soon!
mary

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, what a beautiful shop! And all the great designers nearby! Is there something in the water that grows so much talent??

3:48 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- pretty quilts today PKM! Thanks for the eye candy!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow, thanks for all the prettiness!
Great photos.

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want meatloaf at my house STAT!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Tine said...

Found you via your comment on wishful stitches' blog.

What a great quilting store! I adore the quilt with the birds on it....too cute!
And I agree, the aqua and the pink look fantastic together, can't wait to see what you sew :-)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'll be hitting the new quilt shop tomorrow. It's next door to my gym, so it will no doubt be dangerous. The whole "block" of shops is having a grand opening/anniversary celebration tomorrow. Fun.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I'll be hitting the new quilt shop tomorrow. It's next door to my gym, so it will no doubt be dangerous. The whole "block" of shops is having a grand opening/anniversary celebration tomorrow. Fun.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Darn...I sure wish I could have ventured over the hill that day! Would have loved to have met you all! Is that Anne? :)

Love your fabrics!! Such sweet patterns!!

Have a happy weekend,
Becky

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older