Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A little trip

Last week Elizabeth and I took a little trip up to deliver a quilt to Thimblecreek. She's teaching a class there this summer. Here are some of the sites we saw.

Check out this wonderful quilt! It's the quilt from their current ad, and it's stitchy goodness. Stitched by Sandy Newman, its a delight. It's a block of the month.
Here's a sneaky peek at something new and soon to be available in a kit!

I love this quilt by Sandy! It's a kit!

Thimblecreek really showcases their designers. Here's the Anne Sutton Corner!

They also have tons of stitchery items. I love this pillow.


Here's a little Joe Wood's corner, owner and Moda fabric designer!

Ahh one of my favorite parts of shopping at Thimblecreek, CHICKIE!!! She's the sweetest ever.

There's so much to look at it's quite distracting. I try to chat but then something catches my eye and I can't even keep my train of thought.



Here's the goods. This little stack is for a bag for a friend. I hope she likes it! I love that Urban Chiks diagonal plaid... did I tell you, I know the Urban Chiks? (sorry, I can't help myself)

Look how scrumptious my whole pile looks. And I even got a quilty mystery book. This is the most recent in the series, you can find the first one here. I'm not saying its Pulitzer prize worthy, but I am saying its a good read. I love mystery series and I get all caught up in what's happening with my book peeps.

Alrighty then, there you have it. I'm off to Elizabeth's today to work on some interesting projects. Not only are we working on something TOP SECRET together, we're helping each other out on some projects, so stay tuned, all shall be revealed...

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that pillow! That is so something I could do with my short attention span. I haven't been to Thimblecreek since they moved to their new location.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's hard to stay focused at Thimble Creek, that's for sure! Way too much pretty stuff.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I have had very little self control lately when it comes to fabric and projects. It looks like I better stay away from Thimble Creek or else I will really be in trouble!

thanks for sharing your trip.

Anita

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to TC since they moved. We ARE going to go in August, right? I just want to follow you around with your bolts, and tell Chickie, "I'll have what she's having".

All the photos make me drool... especially Anne's corner and the Cinderberry BOM. Do you suppose Joe and Roxie allow sleep-overs in their shop???

The one log cabinish quilt... with the pinks, reds and aqua... I'm love those fabs. I'm following you on your pink and red kick. Yeah. Was at Anna Lena's and bought some more of the pink/red/aqua fab. MORE. Had to have MORE!

And. I. Ramble. Only because it's helping me to keep my mind off your big secret/reveal while I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait...

9:19 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Ok so Pam you've got your own little mystery packed right inside this post. You're kind of a mystery writer yourself! Love it all. That book next to that delicious fabric makes me just want to hide, read and sew and not come out. Its fun to see other quilt shops. I always come away wanting to clone myself so I can do everything!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many pretty things! You are a temptress. I love a good diagonal plaid especially if it looks all gingham-y and fresh. Do you know about the Urban Chiks? You might like their stuff.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thimblecreek is my absolute favorite store - it's an addiction and I'm SO FAR away from it now... *SIGH* It's for the best though - every time I go for a visit I drop a wad of moolah in there.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

My biggest dream is to travel to Northern California just to visit Thimble Creek. That would be such bliss. Thanks for sharing all your pictures.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know which fabrics have been used in the aqua/pink/red "log cabinish" quilt? I particularly love the floral border and would LOVE to get me some!

7:10 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Gosh darnit Pam. I don't think I've ever once been here to visit that I didn't want to run out and buy more fabric. :-)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

Oh how I wish I was there when you came in. It's always so much fun when you are Elizabeth are there. Did your trip have anything to do with your Top Secret mission? We'll all be waiting to hear what you and Elizabeth are up to! Has to be good if the two of you are involved. Can't wait!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love the quilt shop and fabric photos.

9:45 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

What fun you had at TC!. . . & it sounds like more fun to come!!! (. . .& I love Meg's pillow too. . . (big surprise, huh?!)).. . & Chickie too!!!
xo, Bren

10:26 PM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

I'd love to visit there one day!

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is better than the travel channel!
Love, love, love the log cabin quilt and its colors...very nice!!
Crabapple Hill pillow is to die for...I gotta get me one of those!
Do they do any but nice?
Anne's corner is adorable....love it too!!!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh I love a good mystery. Top secret, ehe? Can't wait to see the final products.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that block of the month too! I was in the shop a couple months ago when they were making up the kits, so tempting! Can't wait to hear what your secret is! Does it have anything to do with what I said that you should be doing???? : )

6:44 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love Thimblecreek!!!! Thanks for the show of goodies.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I get over there about twice a year, and am never ever disappointed. Your photos reminded me that I have always meant to do that Coventry quilt from Brenda's Comfort and Joy book. It gave me an "Oh, yeah" moment.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older