Wednesday, July 02, 2008

New to me

So hey, I bet this is a surprise, I actually made some yo yo's at the show this past weekend. I can't even believe it myself. I was sure that I'd bring the bag back home, unopened, just like after market. I'm really handwork-challenged... I have a hard time settling down some place, particularly when I'm not at home. I have bad concentration I guess. Sometimes I don't even read my book. This time though, I had no phone service, so consequently I couldn't check my email or my Bloglines.. so I had to do something! And making yo yo's seemed pretty good. And wow, way more fun that I imagined they'd be. You know. Past the first couple of yo yo's. I'm not a yo yo genius though, I didn't bring blue thread, so my white shows up in a rather bold way on those blue ones. But I don't care, I had a blast. And amazingly, the people at the show hadn't seen the Clover Yo Yo makers. I KNOW! They loved it!! So yeah, I have yo yo's. Now to get cracking on some more!
This week I'm doing some stunt work. I wish I could show it off, I could just eat it up! I will say it's using more Mary Engelbreit fabric and you know how yummy that stuff is. Anyhoo.. ran up to Quilter's Inn to grab some more of the Lecien that I needed and look who I ran into !!!! This woman kills me. Anyway, I might be scarce a couple of days while I work. In the meantime, I'll be checking on Bloglines, I'M STILL BEHIND and I'm feeling the pressure to catch up. So pardon the crappy commenting, you guys are having fun faster than I can read about it!!!

17 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

I have a Clover YoYo maker....but haven't made any yet...you have inspired me...nice work....

1:12 AM  
Blogger Vickie E said...

Pam.....
Don't worry about commenting, just do it when you can.I'm interested to see what secret projects you have going. Oh the drama....

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't be held accountable for NOT doing handwork at shows. You have PEOPLE to meet! I just got some of that Lecien in the mail. HAD TO HAVE IT. MIGHT HAVE TO HAVE MORE. I'm 1115 blog posts behind in my blog reading. I used to give up and clear them out way before that, now I just think it's funny to see the number keep going up. Another side effect of summer.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Love the Yo Yo's! They look like candy! I need a second opinion on a quilt I'm putting together. It's iwth ME fab I picked up at Sample Spree. Since you're workin on some of that fab yourself, perhaps I'll email ya later on, and see whatcha ya think.
Have a Terrific Tuesday! Happy Sewing.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Omigosh, yo-yo's. I've made thousands of them in my day. I've got bags of them somewhere. Hope you have a great Fourth of July.

And HEY...I count on you to be my crappy commenter so don't let me down.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had so many ideas using yo-yo's but I can't sew them worth a damn! Maybe I need the yo-yo maker? Those are sweet - I love little crafts like that

8:47 AM  
Blogger jenny allsorts said...

I'm a huge fan of that yoyo gadget! I think I churned out about a zillion and a half yoyos in white, red and aqua before Christmas last year. I love your primary color palette, especially the soft yellow. And I have some of that blue fabric, I wish I had more, its the perfect shade of blue, and it has cherries, too!

9:01 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Don't you just love Clover's yo'yo maker?! I just got the one that makes little flower shaped yo-yo's. . . Now to sit down & make a few. . . !
xo, Bren
(p.s. Glad you survived no internet connection. . . whew!) ;-)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't those yoyos fun! I must have made 100 of them since April. Good hand work at Lake Shasta. You gave me my first yoyo maker & I've since bought other sizes. Thanks.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

You make me cocoa for yo-yo puffs!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

You always pick the best fabrics! Will I be seeing you in San Francisco? Blogher?

3:12 PM  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

aaahhh yo-yo's. another addiction! have fun!!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU AND ALEX JUST MADE A MYSPACE PICTURE!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only one who has never made yo-yo's! Now I'm thinking I should try it, just to join the yo-yo crowd!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

You are lucky! I have always wanted to meet Alex Anderson!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Love your yoyos PKM! I still need to try out my yoyo gadget -- someday LOL. And I know all about being behind on bloglines -- that's why I just had fun catching up on all of your posts!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Yo-yo..wuz up??? Checking in to marvel over your yo-yo's! String them together for a fun necklace!! Happy new week to you, Pam. Oh, and lucky you to run into Alex!

:) Becky

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older