Monday, November 17, 2008

The Morning After

Can you believe I'm throwing in a post-market post? Well I am. Our day after market plans fell through, so we had a day out and about. Elizabeth is talking about that day, and I think you should go read it first, then come back, she tells the story much better. I'm just showing some photo highlights. What's with me an the leaning pictures? Anyway, here goes..

any day starting with this is all good to me

I love this, whatever it is

good lunches



I love junk, I would have a rusty junk filled (well not quite this filled) back yard if I could. Old grandma style is what I call it. You know full of little paths and odd ball crap. I appreciate beautiful yards don't get me wrong, but nothing gets me all tingly feeling like this.


Look at that design. I love it. And the colors. I know you'd see something like that framed as art in a fancy house but I'd love to see it jammed into some secluded corner of my back yard.

Ok yeah, its not like you'd wear your best white pants and sit on these. But still they're beauties in my book.

I love this poor old frog. My mom collects frogs... she has from the ridiculous to sublime and all frogs in between. So when I see old frog yard art I go crazy. Even a one eyed old frog.

Perfect shutters. And the little pot holders, pure 'grandma yard'. I don't care about being a grandma at all, I just want that kind of magical backyard.

Stuff. I love seeing stuff, but really don't need to own tons, except maybe those old school house style lamps. I would love those.

so wrong but so right

This would have been a much better with rusty old chairs

Everything is bigger in Texas, get a load of this cornucopia!

Really, does this even need a caption?

Adios Houston. See you next year!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love your post! And I was over at Elizabeth's too, wonderful. Okay, now the question for you, where in the heck was Crave Cupcakes? That is a must see next year.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The sad part is as soon as one of my (hopefully) married kids have a child I WILL be Grandma stuff. I have a tshirt I love to wear. It says "vintage girl" and my kids won't leave the house with me when I wear it. They say "mom, it's like wearing a shirt that says 'old lady'". Well, that is what I'm getting to be.

Nothing better than old stuff. Love it. Vintage is better.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Very cool stuff PKM. LOVE that pleasure chest LOL!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the beer house! Reminds me of that house in Watts. Like maybe the Watts guy has a relative in Texas.

That cupcake is pure bliss.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I SO love Houston! I miss it already. Sniff!!
We need a big Uhaul for all the rusty goodness and an enormous cooler to bring home the food.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

No one told Polly and I about the cupcakes. We are cupcake connoisseurs. It will be on our list for next year!

Laurie

5:19 PM  
Blogger Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Wish I could have walked through that lawn chair paradise. I believe those greenish chairs with the square holes are called pie crust chairs.

Thank you so much for the great patterns I received today in the snail mail from your give away.

I need to bite the bullet and try a give away some day.

You were so generous. Great treat.
Osagebluffquilter

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like an enjoyable day despite the change of plans. I like the rusty stuff, but that food is really looking good to me...maybe because it's before breakfast. I need a cupcake right about now.

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those cool old rusty green chairs! Now off to E's blog.

11:26 AM  
Blogger lovetostitch said...

I want the cupcake - you are sooo cruel to post just the pic!! My tastebuds are yelling -
Yes, we can take one more post of after market, loved it!!! We have another name for those kinds of places....it's called the Hester's but that's another story...LOL

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older