Thursday, November 20, 2008

Paris to the Moon

After a day in Disneyland we hauled our sorry tired behinds out for some shopping on the way home. I'd heard about the little shop Paris to the Moon last year and was absolutely dying to go. You can use your fav search engine and find a ton of blogs showing pictures far better than mine. I was having too much fun to really get some good non-blurry shots. Anyway, I was dying over the place.
This is Darrin the owner of Paris to the Moon. We all totally hit it off and were yakking our heads off the whole time there. We knew a ton of people in common and of course I'm a world class name dropper so it was CRAZY. The Famous Debbie Thibault has her back to us, she didn't really want to be captured for the blog but you know how relentless I can be. She's such fun to talk to and I totally want to party crash when she comes to see Sharon and Roger next week. (and on the flip side, I'm sure she's already called ahead and has the restraining order in the works, isn't that how it always is with me? )

For years Frankie had her bedroom ceiling covered with paper lanterns, this makes me want to recreate that again, adding in some pretty parasols.




Darrin shared a story with us and the end of it was 'and then they gassed him.' I'm sure we were talking movies and experiences and we laughed like hyenas over it and had to say it like a million times.(well we did anyway, I'm sure Darrin was hoping we'd just move along quietly) It's one of those things where you had to be there and I don't want Darrin to think we've forgotten.



The whole store is magic and my photos don't come close to capturing it. I love the layering of objects, Darrin is surely a master of display. You can walk around and around and still see things you missed. Delightful. I wish I was local.



We left with a couple of big bags full of things, but I left it all with Frankie to sort out and I'm hoping she's going to bring my stuff to me when she gets home tonight.

Temperatures were in the nineties when we were in Southern California. I'm sure you've all seen the fires on the news, but since we'd been vacationing, we didn't realize the extent of them till we got up Saturday morning and the sky was dark and ash was floating through the air. Most freeways north were closed which made getting home a challenge. Thanks to my mother-in-law and the internet, she got us around the fire and onto 5 north just above Castaic. You could see the fire line from the freeway over pass.. FREAKY SCARY and we weren't even that close.


I took this picture from the car window around 3:30 p.m.

6 Comments:

Blogger little acorns said...

. . . Magical. . . it does look magical! (I love the glitter frames hung on the wall!) What a fun weekend you all had! (& by the weekend even the national news wasn't giving very good updates of the fires. . . (I guess because they were a few days old & were considered 'old news' by then. It was frustrating. . . I used to live in Montecito.) . . . But I'm glad for the time your sweet little family got to share!
xo, Bren

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely-looking shop!! I wouldn't know where to look first--so many cute things! Sounds like a wonderful addition to a trip to Disneyland. Wheeee!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I changed my mind about what I said before you went to that shop... and before I saw pics. I'm excited, I'm excited. Hahahaha. Now I REALLY want to go there. What a dreamy store.

Crazy fire/freeway pic. Reminds me of how it looked during the Oak/Berk fire. Just awful, I feel so bad for the fire victims.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You already know how jealous I am. It's a darn good thing I was busy enjoying our Target parking lot when you called from there or I'd have been really despondent.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

I will have to put this on my list to visit. Thanks for the tip. And yes, I am chuckling here over a punchline that I don't even know the joke to!

Laurie

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great shop. Fairy wonderland!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older