Thursday, January 29, 2009

Detour

I can't believe its been so many days since I posted last! The week just got away from me. Frankie had some oral surgery with unexpected complications, so I went and stayed a couple of days with her. It was nice, as she recovered immediately and we just hung out relaxing. No chores at her house so I did some reading. I normally just read before bed, reading during the day just seems so decadent.. I know, weird. But I read a bunch of my book Death Under the Dryer. Murder mystery of course, a series. I normally don't get hardbacks but that was my only option for this book. It came with a paper jacket but it also has the cover art on the hard cover and OHMYGOSH could I love that more? It reminds me of a kid book. Very fun.
I also have the new McCalls. It's crammed with people we know. In order of appearance there's Penny and her new bag, The Big Bag Theory. Cute name, cute bag. Next up is Megan and her charming Little Blooms quilt. She shares some nice techniques with us. Holly has another really sweet quilt.. she's the Magazine Maven lately isn't she? There's a nice tutorial on wide binding by Cheryl, who made the quilt. Next up is ModaLissa and Enduring Elegance. She's featuring a couple of wonderful Moda lines in her quilt. And lastly and definitely not least is my darling friend Tammy! She's got the cutest table runner, Woolen Posies, in her signature colors, pink and green. She's sharing some wool techniques and they're yummy! Be sure and check out the McCalls website for the cute little candle mat pattern.


Pictures aren't easy here at the dungeon, but I fused the last bird before quilt assembly on my quilt. This morning I need to embroider those little legs and then I can work on getting it together. There is just one cherry and one bird left, and that bird doesn't have any embroidery! I'm ALMOST DONE people. I could cry a little at the thought of it.
Ok, that's the news here. What's your news?

14 Comments:

Blogger Sinta Renee said...

I've been looking for you! I have missed your posts. I'm glad your daughter is now recovering from her oral surgery. I will be heading to the magazine stand on my lunch break to get my hands on the new McCalls:)

10:56 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

I'm going to have to go find that magazine! . . . & I also can't wait to see your 'Flight of Fancy' quilt! . . . seriously. . . I know it's going to be amazing!
xo, Bren

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

....thanks for the update on the new mag.....I don't find it here on a regular basis so because you posted about all the lovely things in it .....and because it is hot here and I am not motivated to do any sewing .....I went to the McCalls site and bought a subscription...this heat is going to be costly..LOL

12:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awesome! Another magazine to go buy!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Glad your girl is on the mend. Gotta get the magazine. I'm a groupie to most of those gals. The black birdie is looking good. I was starting to wonder what you were up to. Glad to see your post.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your quilt when you are done with it. I wish I would have started that one now. Nancy in WI

3:42 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So looking forward to seeing your quilt. I love birds and they have certainly been hot the last year or so! Glad your girl is on the mend.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I'm glad Frankie is on the mend. And wow -- almost done with your quilt -- what a wonderful accomplishment!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, mouth pain--poor girl! Looks like you had some awesome reading material! That bird is looking very cute--I await the full reveal! Happy day to you!

5:49 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Can't hardly wait to see that finished quilt either! :-)

9:19 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I'll be looking for the mag... wow, all the great peeps in it! Can't wait to see FoF too!!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I let some of my quilting mag subscriptions lag so that I would just buy the ones I really wanted and figured I would come out ahead. But now I seem to want them all anyway.

And you're not helping.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

I got the magazine in the mail and I make myself wait to read in bed. It was worth it. Kept me up another hour! Love the Moddalissa quilt! And the colors in your quilt are looking so cute. Can't wait to see it!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

The magazine sounds great. It's always fun to see people we "know" (well you know them in person; I know Tammy in person). It must be fun to be in a magazine.

I'm glad Frankie is doing better. I haven't blogged in a week either. I couldn't. We had a bad ice storm/snow storm here in KY. We got electricty yesterday. No Internet until today. Phones, including cell phones, were down, too. No sewing was done, but I did do a little organizing in my sewing room. It helps that it's yellow. It sort of glowed from the glare of the snow! I also got some reading done thanks to a flashlight! Another snow storm is supposed to come our way. Hopefully, I'll have electricty so I can sew and blog!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older