Friday, May 22, 2009

More!More!More! Quilt Market!

Ok peoples today is the last day. I'm super enjoying everyone else's posts too and totally know how much time and energy goes into editing photos and the links. OMG the links. So I hope you clicked on a few and if you didn't please don't tell me. I like how we all attend the same show, but somehow we all see different things. Jona is really catching me up on the mod stuff.

I don't know how I can manage to walk the whole show more than once and still miss people. Like Tara. I'm pretty sure she has a force field around her booth that I just can't penetrate. I've missed her every market so far, although this time, I ran into her in the ladies room!!!

You know who else I missed was Amy. I think Amy is one of the most inspiring and prolific contemporary quilters around and she's good at all of it, fabric selection, piecing and quilting. I admire her machine quilting ways and today I lucked out, Alex loaned me a pile of DVDs to watch and they're the same DVDs Amy watches.. so maybe, well someday. Bummed that I didn't see her.

Speaking of cool people I found out about through Amy, here's Sarah and Damian. Seriously, aren't they like Australia's most famous couple?


I had a nice coffee (well it was crappy coffee but the company was good) with Sarah on Saturday. She was practically fresh from her Martha Radio interview and wow, how important does that make me seem????? I can't wait to get my act together and get going on my SEWN stuff. That's the place to be you know! And not to make you all jealous but I have my own personal carried by Sarah across the world copy of Material Obsessions 2. AUTOGRAPHED NO LESS.. and since she missed bringing it to our coffee, it was hand carried to me by Alex. Wow. I know a couple of people who are seriously going to be jealous to hear that.

Look at her smiling. It's like she knew I would make this all about me instead of all about her and Sewn but still she's indulging me. She's like that.


Renee is so cute. I love her booth and I have the photos to prove it. She has the best vignettes and I love vignettes. Which you would have no problem believing if you saw the million pictures I took. Like I am seriously going to need one of those wiry dressforms thankyouverymuch. And then a set of Jaws of Life to get it in here. But oops that's my problem.
















And because Renee is super generous I have a pack of her new patterns so leave a comment and I'll pick a name next week! Like Wednesday, how's that?



OH and here's Vicki doing some paper piecing. We gave her some "encouragement" to get back on the blogging train. She's already posted since she arrived home, so possibly we scared her. Its a distinct possibility. I just loved looking at her pretty blocks and really could have taken 40 pictures because I love the digital macro setting on my camera that much.


Saw some wonderful new fabric while we were walking around. Not to mention running into some of our favorite people, like Ann! All three of us loved the Christmas fabric so much, seriously, the most fun Christmas fabric I've seen in ages.

I hope they sold a ton so we'll find it all over the place. We sent so many people over to see them. Fresh fresh colors and style. I would say after Flower Sugar, my most fav fabric of the show.


Here's Gudrun. This is the first time we've meet, although I've been familiar with her designs for a long time. She has a nice offering for this market. She also had some wonderful chocolates from Iceland and I took some to take a photo of and now I can't find them. And seriously, I thought I was being mature and didn't eat them, but maybe after I ate my cute Holly chocolate I couldn't control myself. It's not like that hasn't happened.


ANYWAY... She had her booth set up with a little back room, and said that during the Sunday slowdown she'd be performing a little show.. here's a teaser.


Over at the Windham booth we met Genevieve Gail with her new line of fabric Flower Bucket and ...



the Very Famous Bari J. with her new line of fabric!!! Bari is a local girl to us so we're always thrilled to see her out and about! Congratulations again, Bari.

I'm such a huge fan of Darlene and she's yet to file a restraining order so we cruised over to check out her demo of the new rulers she's got going on with Simplicity Studio Acrylic Tools. There's a Double Wedding Ring Ruler that totally wowed me. Genius. I wish I had a link for you, but they're so new they're not anywhere yet.



I'm thinking it was shortly after this she shooed me away.


Yes our sweet Whitney is going to have a baby so we won't see her in October. I think I'll take this time to remind you, I know the Urban Chiks, in case you'd forgotten. I would have posted a crazy picture I have of Holly, but then I'd be off 'the list' and I couldn't take it. But seriously you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of young women and if that doesn't make me sound like an old lady I don't know what does.

So that's it people. Thanks for indulging me. Hope you enjoyed the photos and the links. If you just come around for market photos thanks for visiting, see you in October!! Who knows what we'll be up to then!!!

See you next week. Elizabeth and I have something up our collective sleeve, I'm on a little road trip with Frankie and just who knows what kind of trouble I could get in!!! See you then!

68 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

The early bird wins (I hope). Pam, your pictures and adventures were great to hear and look at. You guys had way too much fun. Lucky girls.
Mary

6:40 AM  
Blogger Miss Tina said...

Pam, thank you for sharing "market". I did not attend this year. It is so exciting, the energy, the people you meet. It's so much fun. Thanks again, Tina

6:53 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

i have thoroughly enjoyed all your coverage of the quilt market and you can tell everyone had a wonderful time. thanks for all the links .. i think i have clicked on just about every one of them and found some great blogs in the progress. thanks again for the great pictures and the fun videos! karen ca

7:13 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures from quilt market, it looks like a lot of fun to attend. I love that new Christmas fabric.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Thanks Pam ! Love all your market posts. Everyone has done so awesome posting about market this spring. Way fun! Have a Fantastic Weekend! ooxx`jodi

7:14 AM  
Blogger rachel griffith said...

i seriously live vicariously through you.
hahahahahaha.

you crack me up.
i can't wait to see who gets kidnapped in houston.

and i can't wait to see what yall have up yall's sleeve.
mwahahahahahaha.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I seriously loved all of these posts...thanks so much...you're the best! I know how much time it must have taken...and really appreciate it...and your terrific sense of humor!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

WOW....not only a full and newsy report, but sharing the goodness with us too. You are just to wonderful!!! Thanks for taking the time to take us sad little quilters who don't get to go along for the ride. You are the best!!! XX Annie

7:50 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love all the photos. Hey, I heard you know the Urban Chiks.

7:53 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I loved it!! More great photos, more great commentary, more great links (I clicked, I clicked!)!

Back to folding - I'm still at Fig Momma's House. I got out last nigh... but was captured before I could get too far (that'll teach me to showboat on twitter). Need to coordinate a get-away car!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I wish I could be your friend. You guys sound like you had so much fun at market. I have enjoyed reading all about the antics on your blog and others.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam! You have so much fun! I have to live vicarously through you when I'm stuck at work and sneek in a few peaks at blogs - oops I better be quiet. I'd love to win a prize! Your new purse is great - I'll have to order the pattern from LBQ. Thanks for all your hard work to bring us fun! Terry

8:52 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I also clicked and clicked! What great coverage of market, it was fab to live vicariously!!!! Thanks Pam!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous joanna said...

Monica is moving right along.. since she finally decided to get with the folding program. Only 18 1/2" more loads to go...
Maybe we'll give her a snack today... just maybe. Only if she gets the socks right...

joanna

9:09 AM  
Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

Love the pics...and the notes about each! Thanks for all of the updates and laughs!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

WOW what a giveaway you're having!! Don't really think I can officially enter, but Renee's patterns are really great.
And I'm a little peeved at you right now, my dear...that last photo needs some serious cropping. Like please remove the entire left half.
Thank you.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing some of your pictures. It looks like you all have way too much fun! Can't wait for the new stuff to get in the shops. Renee's patterns are great .... hope I win one!

Nancy E

9:39 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

It's so funny, the women from Honey Run Quilts in Chico said to me, how do you know about all that market stuff, were you there? No, but I have my sources I told em...and told them to get blogging asap! I love all the gossip! I love Sarah...I am giving away something on my blog so go there and sign up PKM! Have a fun road trip with your sweetie girl...

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Slack said...

Thanks for "taking" us to market!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Cindy said...

Thanks for your wonderful Market report. Again, it looks like you and Elizabeth had just too much fun. Sorry I missed it this time:( I'm enjoying all your links - have to come back later to finish!

11:19 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

Thanks for posting all of the QM photos and telling us all about your adventure. It isn't the same as being there but it is a GREAT consolation. I love all the links you have provided too. I want that cheery Christmas/winter fabric!!!!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

You made Market so enjoyable for all of us who weren't there in person. Looks like everyone had a total blast, and there are so many good things I look forward to seeing in my LQS!

12:51 PM  
Blogger trudys_person said...

I love all the blogs and photos of Market - don't stop! And I'd love to win one of Renee's patterns. Thanks!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

"and since she's yet to file a restraining order" ... still cracking me up.

I have been in Renee's home and the whole thing is a series of lovely vignettes. She is a doll.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Jona Giammalva said...

Oh Pammmmm.....you may want to go check out my latest post. Just sayin'.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks for your market photos and reports! So very fun! Ok. I'm off to look at your links. Several folks I don't know about. Fun!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

HOLY CRAP you are a fast blogger. I get on here, and you have about 20 posts since Market started?? How do you do it? Excellent work, seriously. SO, I have a two pictures of you, me and Elizabeth, and in one picture my eyes are closed, and in one, your eyes are closed. Grr... SEE, THIS is why you take 50 pics of everything. Anyway, do you have any? I need to get my little photo album up on the blog on of these days...

Good to see you! LOVED the movies. Loved them.

1:59 PM  
Blogger jlk said...

Thanks for sharing Market with those of us too unimportant to go!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Pam you are too much. At one point I snorted with laughter and some of my morning tea nearly came out my nose. Thanks for sweeping me up in the Pam Kitty whirlwind - I'm thinking there needs to be wine rather than crappy coffee added to the next Sarah/Pam meet up at Houston... although it ight be the end of me :)

2:31 PM  
Anonymous blop said...

Thanks for the great market trip, and my feet don't hurt a bit! Great photos, great links (still clicking) and wonderful reports. Great job and looks like you and E had your usual good time!

3:02 PM  
Blogger kelley said...

love all the market reports....the new pattern by Renee is wonderful (fingers corssed, cats tails tied, pick me, pick me!!!)...and the paper piecing...close up photos...your blog is a treat

3:12 PM  
Anonymous amy said...

You know what, thank goodness you didn't meet Sarah at Starbucks for coffee because that would have made me completely GREEEEEN with envy. But since you had the "coffee" from the convention center, I think I'll live. Although I still don't understand how I missed you. We had to have been very near each other many times. Cuz I saw Sarah signing books at the Moda booth and there she is in your picture with the quilt that was on the ironing board (and she's wearing the same outfit), so it had to be close in time. Two ships, I say. It's not like there were tables full of quilting items distracting us or anything... Thanks for your kind words!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I am so jealous! Quilt market looks like a blast - so much to see and so many people to meet. I'm glad you enjoyed your time there.

I seriously LOVE those little fabric birds. Gotta get me some of those!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

Thanks so much for all the pictures and commentary. You seem to have fun wherever you go, but I'm sure this was a blast! And just out of curiosity -- HAS anyone ever filed a restraining order?

5:27 PM  
Blogger strawberrycream39 said...

Pam, thank you so much for all the great pics, funny stories and fabric previews! I'm digging that pretty Christmas fabric! You look like you had SO much fun. Awesome, I really enjoyed all your posts about Market!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing market with us wannabees!! Great photos!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ooooo! If your new Material Obsession book goes missing while you are away you know who came and stole it! : ) I have the first book and I love it! I love all their stuff and can't wait to see SEWN. Thanks for all the great market news, you are THE SOURCE!

6:49 PM  
Blogger scottylover said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at market! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall there! Love your little scotties at the top of your blog page, too!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great to get the inside scoop from you about market and like that you are willing to say what you like. Thanks.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Nadine said...

Thanks for the great shots! Love the tour and your great sense of humor..... I'm bowing, can you tell?

7:30 PM  
Blogger superstitches said...

I really enjoyed your pictures from Quilt Market. Is Alpine Fabrics a new company? I've not seen their fabrics or even heard of them before. The fabric looks interesting.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Iva said...

Thank you for sharing your market experience with us. I am seriously jealous!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Quilt market looks like such fun! I really wish I could go but I guess I'll just have to enjoy what arrives in the LQS.

Love your pictures - thanks for sharing them.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Bronwyn said...

Thanks Pam for all your lovely photos and the links. Looks like my afternoon of sewing is going to be spent reading all those other wonderful blogs. You girls must of had a blast!! Can't wait for all the fabric and patterns to hit the shops.

9:20 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

I love all of the market pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. Hopefully I'll see of the stuff in Long Beach, this summer. Congrats on being in the Moda ad! You look fabulous!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

This was great fun for me--the fact that you featured so many wonderful people who were new to me!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I guess all good things must come to an end!! But like you said, there is fall Market to look forward too!!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very different from the designers blogs, but I liked what you wrote
and I would be glad to recieve the little surprise, you never know
croyy my fingers

10:22 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I love all the market photos and I clicked on nearly everything link, thanks especially for them Pam.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Whewww..... I am so tired just "hearing" about market. What a fabulous way to spend some quilty days. So which patterns did Renee give you?? :-)

3:55 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Thank you for showing Market to us and for your videos, absolutely loved them. Hope I win, I want that Little Bird Pinkeep :-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Gracie said...

Thanks for all the pic's. They were great!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I.....am.....................seriously.....in need .......of another cup of cof..coff..coffee..to get me through this AWESOME market! Geez, Miss P amd Miss E, you are SO LUCKY!!! to be there. Just looking at all of those wonderful fabrics and vignettes have the cogs in my brain turning away.

Thanks for taking me there, even if it was only visually. I needed a creative fix.

xx
Becky

8:08 AM  
Anonymous DonnaC said...

Thanks for all the market photos! Love to see everything...

12:28 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great post Pam. Love all the new fabric and the designers. Looks like you had another great trip.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Amy DeCesare said...

Loved living vicariously through your posts. I live just outside Pittsburgh and could just FEEL the greatness coming from the Convention Center last weekend. All of you ladies rock!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

OMG - I just spent an hour catching up on your market posts, Pam! It's like being there - yippeee! Thank you for all the detail - I want so much! Love all your new goodies - you're no longer the celebrity stunt quilter - you're the celebrity - Hmmmm - forgive me if I repeat myself - LOL! Great travels!
Cheers!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous jan said...

Love your fun blog. Would love to win a pattern for the little birds.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ellen Easter said...

Oh I wish I could be there too - please enter me in the draw

12:38 AM  
Blogger SheilaS said...

Thanks so much for all your postings. It was almost like being there-well, almost!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great pics of the market. I really enjoyed them.
Sandy
sjiselt@sbcglobal.net

7:17 PM  
Blogger MJinMichigan said...

Loved your coverage of Market for all of us who don't get to go but wish we could! Please enter me in the drawing for the great prizes.

5:14 AM  
Blogger edie said...

I am so addicted to Renee Plains patterns. What do you want to choose me? My first born (43, hunk, makes lots of $$$), chocolate, uh, name it (well you can't have any of the dogs or the cat, but . . .)!!!!! Thanks for the fantastic and fun quilt market coverage. Edie

5:24 AM  
Blogger Angelia said...

Enjoying your market report! Thank you for the giveaway!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thank you for your report on mrket and I want to WIN!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Oh you had way too much fun at market!!! Thanks for sharing everything and bringing Pittsburgh craziness to blogland :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would love to make that for my daughter. It looks so much like her.

8:19 AM  
Blogger buebau said...

This seem to have been so fun!
Love all the photos!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older