Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Good morning my lovely people, how are you? We're having a bit of a hot spell here in Northern California. Two more days of mid 90s and then we'll be back to the cooler weather I love. We're lucky living here in the valley, the cool foggy air comes in from the bay and mornings are crisp. My window's are all open right now trying to cool off the house a bit.
October is a beautiful time of year on the coast and Monterey was sunny and warm when I went to see Frankie on Monday. We had lunch downtown at Rosine's and they had the french doors open and you could sit in the window. This little table opened up after we were seated. The temps were perfect.

Coming home to see this parked across the street was less than picturesque. There was a water leak and bright and early Tuesday morning the trucks pulled in and dug up a 2 foot wide section of the street. And parked all this in front of my driveway. Lucky I moved the car.


Even if I don't want to leave not being able to is the pits. Anyway by 3:30pm the water pipe was repaired, the roadwork completed and the guys were gone. It was great.

I've been stitching away on Elizabeth's bindings. She's designed some very pretty quilts for this market and it's been fun working on them. Hope you guys are having a great day! Tell me all about it! xo

10 Comments:

Anonymous Sandy said...

Ahhh, we are coming back for the weekend just in time for the hot spell.

I'm sitting here watching the trapped miners being rescued. Two months underground - ugh.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I'm just waiting for the temps to dip into the 80's this weekend so I can do some yardwork. Can't wait to see Elizabeth's quilts. I'm going to be going to market in the spring...so excited to actually see everything and every one in person!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

It's warm up here on the Oregon Coast today, too! We are enjoying it - the rainy days will be here soon enough. I suppose I should get busy and do some quiltin myself!

4:21 PM  
Blogger deb said...

its so hot down here in So Cal....and windy too...I want FALL!!!!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

One more day of heat and then the cool weather will be here! Are you going to PIQM this weekend? I am heading down tomorrow to check out new sewing machines, wish me luck! : )

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Heh... it is nice and NOT humid here Deep in the Heart O' TX but hey I suffered since May.
What a day full of variety you had.. Monterey {my favorite area on earth} to Porta-Potty... which to choose, which to choose. Have a great day!
Stay Cool!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

What? No comment about the port-a-potty in the front yard? You ARE a lucky duck -- what a dream to be able to visit Monterrey!

6:17 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Maybe it IS global warming! It's been in the 80s out here on the east coast, but we got a nice rainstorm the other day to cool us off, and now the 10 day forecast looks nicer too. I had to catch up on your latest posts. You and Alex are hilarious. I hope you get your GoBaby soon! :) Have fun sewing on that binding!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous S. said...

Last weekend we went north to camp for 4 days. Fall colours are painting the hills, the sky was blue and the lake was gorgeous blue too. The night sky twinkled with diamonds and the Milky Way was clear and bright. We were in the middle of nowhere, after all. Cold crept in to my sleeping bag which was rated "0 degrees" and our tent was covered with condensation on the INside every morning. The veggies in a bag, in a cardboard box, in a food tent (bear country) were frozen one morning. It was 32 or lower; I really didn't run out of the tent at 3 AM to check the temperature! Back home, we drove over the hills to the local Amish community yesterday afternoon; needed to purchase a new generator for our lantern, which didn't work while camping. We met a wonderful Amish grandfather, who has been repairing Coleman lanterns and stoves for over 39 years. He had the part we needed and gave us some good stories too. Now to finish the bushel of apples in the garage today. Fall is spectacular around here & I enjoy the work too. Quilt season is coming soon...

7:44 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Wow, what a construction-ish mess...glad it is all back to normal!!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older