Monday, May 23, 2011

Can you believe it?

I still can hardly believe that 1. quilt market is over and 2. I have a line of fabric with Lakehouse.Can you believe how cute the booth looked? Let me give a quick thanks to Nadine from Material Girls for the loan of a bunch of really cute props to go with the fun items that I brought. Look at that little oven. Seriously on my list of things to find for my greedy little self. And look how cute that polka dot bag is from Penny and Darci of Quilts Illustrated. She had some darling new bags this market. Check out her website to see the new City Zipper pattern and I'm going to be all over that Pleated Posie flower.


We had a lot of fun things to share with shop owners who stopped by to look at PamKittyMorning and place their orders.


Look at our pretty inspiration table... Thanks Elizabeth for getting all that set up. She's a vignette genius of course. I made a lot of pinwheels in the hotel room.. super cute and fun, easy to make. Holly printed up double sided sheets of PKM designs on paper and I found some instructions on the internet to make them. Using double sided paper and a big craft punch for the center made them so PKM. ( Word to the wise though, buy craft shop dowels.. you can punch through them easily with a push pin. I used sequin pins to mount the pinwheel onto the dowel, and pushed them through the dowel and bend the tip over onto the backside so the pin doesn't slide out. A dab of glue keeps the end from poking you.)


Pinwheels weren't the only thing made for the booth. I made a lot of strawberries. A. Lot. Of. Them.


In the next week or so you'll be able to download a lovely little free pattern so you can make a bunch yourself. As usual I leave the cute patterning up to Elizabeth, and wait till you see it..

Yeah, a lot of strawberries.. 150 at the very least. Elizabeth designed a cute recipe card for them, and I rolled a lot of bakers twine to send off with the cards.




There's so much more quilt market to share, but I caught a bit of a bug and I'm moving really slow here around PKMville.

21 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Pami said...

So wonderful! Hope you are feeling better. I'm meeting with my rep soon, but wow, which to choose!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

Welcome back Pam! Thought of you all week and can't wait to hear/see more about market. So glad you had a great time. Hope you're feeling better soon.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Recover, rest, relax... but then get back here and share the rest, because this peek has me hungry for more!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Doris said...

Congratulations Pam! Can't wait to see it in my LQS :)
Hope you feel better soon.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Nedra said...

I've been seeing so many pictures of you and your new fabric line on various posts. It looks like Market went so well for you. And isn't Nadine of Material Girls the best? Fun to see you mingle with the Salt Lake ladies.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Blogger just ate my comment. It went something like this: You did an awesome job preparing for Market. It's great fun to see all the excitement out there for your collection. Your fabric baby is off to see the world!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Your booth was wonderful. Absolutely a delight. I thought you were well positioned on the floor of market and it couldn't have been more perfect...except may be for having the fabric at sample spree!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Your booth looks fabulous! Isn't it wonderful to have such sweet friends to help? I hope you are feeling better. Rest up, I'm sure you were on overdrive last week.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I'm so happy and proud for you!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

WOW ! Everything looks GREAT !! Glad you had a good Market !!! and hope you're feeling better soon!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Congratulations on the gorgeous fabric collection - I look forward to seeing it in the stores! Everywhere! And thank you for the PKM photos of the booth - I'm in love with all those strawberries! i'm sorry I missed seeing it, I'm sure the real thing was even more wonderful.

Feel better soon and be careful in Houston! This is twice! Market is out to get you...

8:32 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Marsha and Jen said it was amazingly cute at your booth! They loved it and you! Feel better soon and congratulations on a darling line of PKM fabric! I am sure it is only the first! Xo Pam in Chico

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

I love your collection/line of fabric!!! Congratulations! I love seeing your booth in Market photos... and seeing all of the sweet things you came up with, including your field of strawberries!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Your new fabric is really great! Can't wait to get some. Feel better soon!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Material Girls said...

I am still tired so I can only imagine how beat you guys must be.
The booth was fantastic and we orderd loads:)
Glad you enjoyed SLC. Did Jamies coffed give you the kick you needed?
Nadine

12:19 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Your new line of fabric is beyond adorable. I'll be waiting for the release because I must own lots and lots of it.

Your booth was adorable - so much eye candy.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Cheri C. said...

How funny.... I saw the pinwheels and thought about Nadine. She loves to make those. I miss her so much and her shop is the greatest!!! She loves you guys!!! I moved 2000 miles away and can't wait to visit her again... someday!! Congrats on all you do!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

I could have taken one of everything in that booth. I wanted to heist a strawberry but I was good and left them there. :( I did get alot of other things though. Including lots of your delicious new fabric line.
Hugs!!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

The booth was fabulous! Congratulations on the new fabbies can't wait to see them hit the stores. I'll let you know when I see a sighting in the Atlanta area.

Sick..geezzzzz. What is up with that! So sorry. Have a cuppa and relax a bit. You can take a day or two off. Then it is time to get ready for Fall Market!

Pat

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Kristie Long said...

Pam,
Your booth is absolutely ADORABLE! Even though we weren't able to make it to quilt market, we've already put in our order! Can't wait to get it!

Kristie Long

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Glad you are back safe & sound & feeling better. Love the pics & love the little strawberries : )

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older