Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Secret Garden

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the sewing house fantasy, or who likes driving around looking at houses. It's just such a perfect way to pass the time. Sigh.

bleeding heart

Do you have a little spot in your yard that you put random crap.. you know, dead potted plants, stuff that needs to be recycled, junk? We have a little spot like that on the side yard. It's where we put the fallen palm fronds that can't go in the organic recycling bin and old pots that need cleaning out. Kind of a holding spot really. Anyway yesterday I went out there to throw something away and can you believe what I found?

Bleeding heart

My bleeding heart was not only not dead but not dead in a pretty spectacular way, out among the trash bags and old pots.

bleeding heart

It was a beautiful surprise waiting for the perfect time to be discovered. It made my day. Have a good day peeps!

11 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh gorgeous Pam! For years I would buy a bleeding heart e ery spring and then it would struggle along for a few months and die on me so I finally gave up. wish I would have found this surprise in my back of the garden hideaway...also the side of the house!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

That's happened to me with my ivy topararies. What does this say about our gardening skills when they do better when they are totally ignored? Sometimes I wonder why I even try! Hey, more time for sewing I guess.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I love bleeding hearts but up here in Central Oregon it will be a few more months before I see mine and it has to be planted in a pot!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Wow! It is thriving on neglect. I wish I had more things like that popping up in the neglected parts of my yard. Which sadly is covering bigger areas by the week.

Happy sewing today!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You just never know what you'll find among the trash do ya? That is just beautiful.

7:26 AM  
Blogger folksmith said...

What a wonderful surprise. I love bleeding hearts.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

I love your find!!! And I love your dream sewing house! :O) Those little bleeding hearts would be perfect planted in your garden! :O) What a fun surprise!!!!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Aileen said...

Pam - an easy way to get inside houses is to visit this blog: http://hookedonhouses.net/. I'm hooked.
Aileen

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

What a nice surprize. I'm commenting to tell you that I was in the City Quilter in NYC yesterday and came across your fabric and immediately fell in love and bought some. Such fresh, happy colors!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Bleeding hearts are one of my favorites!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

Send them on up here to Washington! I have always loved Bleeding Hearts. I'm not sure mine survived the winter. it's been so cold up here my Crocus are just now blooming! Crazy, crazy Spring. Have a great day, AND take time to enjoy your flowers!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older