Sunday, June 03, 2012

Hard to believe it's June already! And with the first week of June comes the Aurifil Block of the Month post! And I'm June! First off let me say I'm so thrilled to be included and in such a wonderful group of designers. You probably saw this group shot over at Pat's blog,it's a picture of all the designers that attended quilt market. What a group!

Aurifil Designers at Quilt Market

I love these Aurifil 12 wt. threads. My favorite thing is that they're on a spool and you don't have to separate them. That's the lazy in me. I also love that you can use them in your machine! I used them here for blanket stitching, love the results. I'm currently embroidering a slightly larger version of my design onto a tea towel. I love old linens and I think those lazy daisy flowers look old fashioned. You can count on my project being easy, I'm not as experienced as the rest of the designers!


The colors are so vibrant. They just say summer to me, zinnias, hibiscus, daisies. I hope you give my project a try! Be sure and click over to the Aurifil blog to get the project handout.. not to mention read all about me! Nothing shocking there for you regulars!


When you're done, be sure and add your picture to the flickr group! There are a lot of people stitching up a storm.

13 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

I clicked over but you haven't been posted yet. Bummer. Your tea towel is looking great though.

Doesn't seem possible that June is already well underway. If only we had those minions!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you embroider with regular sewing thread??? ♥♥♥

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam you're so cute!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Genie said...

Jumping for joy for you. Couldn't wait to head over here to say YAY. Congratulations. Love your block and lazy daisy....

Hey, are you a little Portuguese-Vieira?
Just asking because I grew up in the Bay Area...and was born in the Azores.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Susan Branch said...

Hi Pam! Someone came on my blog and left a message that you said you wanted to spend the day with ME on the Aurifil Blog -- I thought, that Pam Kitty Morning is so sweet! And talented! So of course I just had to go over there and see! And you did! Thank you sweetheart, that was the nicest compliment, especially from you. Happy Day (from England still) xoxo Susan

1:14 PM  
Blogger lori said...

It was so cute to see you had a last name...I thought your full name was Pam Kitty Morning and your husband was
Mr. Kitty Morning!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cute picture. Love it.

7:40 AM  
Blogger suz said...

Love your stitchery - it's on the list! Your interview was fun too!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

It's gorgeous PKM -- I can't wait to see your little finished towel -- just too cute! (And Damn that Kansas City humidity LOL!)

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I saw your block on Pinterest and just had to come and check it out. I think it is my favorite block. I haven't done any of them, but think I will do this one as a pillow...with PKM fabrics of course. It was fun getting to know a little more about you.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Pam- Your block for Aurifil is so pretty. I went to download the pattern and it seemed to be missing some instructions. The picture was there and the drawing was there but that was it. Can you check and see what is up? I would like to try some embroidery on my vacation and this was the perfect size and type of thing I wanted. Thanks so much! K-

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your block - it's definitely one of my favorites.
Like Kristy above said, page 2 and 3 of the pdf download were blank except for your charming PKM header. Could probably figure it out but would really appreciate your directions. Thanks.

12:09 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

Pam, I am absolutely mad about your embroidered block. I am a lover of all things vintage and collect vintage embroidered linens.
You have such a lovely way with color.
thanks for sharing.
cheers
maggie in Maine

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older