Friday, July 13, 2012

Beautiful!

Hi there! It's cooling off here in my little valley and nothing could make me happier. Temps below 90 are fine with me!! I'd like to complain but what's the point? It's summer! And July! What exactly do I expect?

A Year of Making Life Beautiful

I had my coffee with some fun reading this week. Melissa sent me a copy of her book A Year of Making Life Beautiful, and it made for a delightful morning read with coffee.

July-A Year of Making Life Beautiful

I really like the calendar format of this book. Each month has a theme with recipes and projects to go along with it. You don't need to have children to enjoy it, but it's the perfect jumping off spot for a family. Grandmas would enjoy it as well. The recipes look delicious and the quilting projects are pretty cute. Also cute.. her little children !!! I really enjoyed reading it. My thanks to Melissa for sending it to me. I have to confess, it made me a little nostalgic to read all the fun stuff, it reminded me a lot of the things Frankie and I used to do when she was young. It's a sweet book, and I think you might enjoy  as much as I did.

Speaking of things to enjoy, it's Katie's turn to show off her Christmas in July Block! Be sure and hop over to her blog to check it out! And now it's time to announce the winner of the charm pack from Free Spirit is Generation Sue who said "Thank you so much for the giveaway and showing us how you press your seams. I just get so frustrated with those some times ;)" ... Sue, email me your address so I can let Free Spirit know where to send that fabric!!! Thanks again for all your nice comments and emails. You guys are the best ever! Now get out there and have a happy weekend! xo

2 Comments:

Blogger generationSue said...

WOW, how exciting! Thank you so much for the giveaway!!! I just emailed you.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

Thanks for the sweet review! So glad you enjoyed it.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older