Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just me?

So hey everybody, how are you? I'm having another cool morning here in PKMville. Temps in the 80's during the day and the mornings have been perfectly just shy of 60 degrees. Well almost perfect. Just so you don't think it's all sweet breezes and coffee dreams over here, the neighbors are getting a new driveway  so there's a lot of noise starting at 7am. 

PKM Cherries

I'm having some  problems,  you've probably already noticed, I just keep starting projects and then you don't see them again. Where are my granny squares? Where are my half hexagons? This looks like a new project! IT IS A NEW PROJECT!! ( you can see those half hexagons, including some triangles ready to be stitched! That doesn't stop me!)

PKM Chaos

Last week I went over to see Holly and we were taking pictures of some quilts in a secret garden. You can read about it here. I was dying over how cute those baskets were. Cherries? Strawberries? How PKM is that? So I made a PKM version of the cherry block just for fun. Then I mentioned it would be fun to have a cute red-white-blue summery themed table runner and the next thing you know...

RWB LakeHouse basket project

... a pile of pretty Penelope turns up. I'm making three blocks, you can see I have all the fusible ready to go. I can just shove all that other stuff out of the way, right?  Just for the record I'm using Holly's Scrap Happy Baskets pattern written for Holly by Jennifer from Shabby Fabrics.  Stay tuned, I've vowed to finish it.  REALLY!!

Now I just need to get to work!

9 Comments:

Blogger Siobhán said...

L-O-V-E!! I have a thing for cherries and strawberries in baskets. I'm doing a Blackbird Designs basket pattern using some PKM fabric in it. I'm not big into applique but some how got sucked into doing this--and love it! I can't wait to see more of your blocks!

5:55 AM  
Blogger My Vintage Mending said...

I thought it was just me...I keep making and not finishing. I blame the heat. Love your baskets. Smiles...Renee

6:58 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

There are just so many adorable projects around, it's hard to stay on just one! I love anything baskets! Yours are sweet!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

So much eye candy, Miss Pam. I'm anxious to see more baskets.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Nouveau Stitch said...

It sounds like you really have the luxury of a creative buddy (or several) that you can bounce ideas off of and who will hold you accountable. You are SO lucky! Sometimes just being able to talk ideas through with someone who gets it and gives you thoughtful input can put you back on track quickly. I would give anything to have someone I could pop in on to rein me in. I do have a lot of UFO's but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. My days are way to short!

Best,
Ellen

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Tina said...

Darling---- Love baskets and cherries! I am not going to stay and ooogle too long. No ma'am I'm not. For you know I have my own seriously bad case of startitis here at Casita Contessa. Bad. And really, no time to even consider it for a few days. When I really do take stop I think the magnitude of my problem will require cocktails. And a nap! Enjoy your weather, send it scooting right along please!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

Okay PKM - I made those crazy brownies! Oh my! Yummy!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Genie said...

So so cute. You have to cojokers this. MOST of the time I lose track but not this one. please.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

This will be such a gorgeous table runner....so fresh and summery. I've always loved basket blocks and the PKM fabric looks perfect for this one, so sweet!
Helen x

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older