Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Tuesday

Good morning! Seems weird we're starting the week off on a Tuesday, doesn't it? Nice for a short work week though, unless you're forcing five days of work into four.
 
Did you have a good long weekend? Our garden clean up lasted longer than we thought, but it looks soo good. I'm so grateful that I didn't have to do all that myself.  While that was going on outdoors I  was busy working on my row-along row.  Have you joined up yet? 
 


Honestly, I'm not generally a big fan of "technique" sewing.. you know, those methods for making 20 half square triangles out of a square of fabric  and a unicorn's wish. Ok, so I exaggerate just a little, but  I think you know what I mean. I'm never successful with them,  it's totally me and not them. But seriously this method of stitching together big squares and ending up with a nice straight row of 1 inch squares is a delightful surprise! At each step I kept thinking that it would end up taking longer than was worth it, but it was so fast and accurate.  I would totally use this method again, and think about using it for different sizes.  GENIUS I TELL YOU.  Even if you don' t make this row-along quilt, you need to hop over and see Lori's method for yourself.

If you're stitching along, or even if you're not, there's a flickr group!  You should totally check it out! I'll tell you, it makes me so happy to see other people using PKM in their projects.

To that's it for today.  It's a busy short week for me.  AND IT'S GOING TO BE HOT AGAIN! Insult!  Outrage!  Ok, not like I thought summer was actually over but HOT! AGAIN!  Ok that's it for the complaining, for now.  Have a good day people!  xo

P. S. Sorry, no spell check ... good luck reading it!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lori Holt said...

Pam...you know how I love your fabric and it's just perfect for the row along!...
Crushing over your row 1:)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

That row is just so happy looking--heat or no heat.

Have a great short week!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

laughing...unicorn's wish...oh my gosh what a perfect way to put it. I'm not method either. But Lori is a smartie. I give her big props for that. I love your little chain. Very cute.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand that unicorn's wish method, unfortunately I am not successful with it either. As usual you make me laugh first thing in the morning. Always a treat to read your blog.

12:48 PM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

i live in the san jose area and i felt exactly the same--what?! it's going to get hot again?! and why should we be surprised, september gets really hot around here. sigh...
(love your fabrics!)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Love it! I just can't wait until your fabric comes out!!! Are you going to be at market?

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

I'm using 3o's prints and it is very cute as well! Love that method for piecing lots and lots of 1" squares, 'cept because I pressed the seams open, my strip ended up longer!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older