Friday, December 07, 2012

Friday


So how was the week peeps?  It's flown by here as they usually do, and I haven't done much in the way of sewing.  I had some blocks  cut and piled up so I could just sit down and begin sewing, but now that they're all sewn up, I need to prepare  some more. 

button star
 
After seeing Suzanne's wonderful gift tags ... go look, they're fantastic if you haven't seen them, I wanted to get out my button panel and try something out.  Every time I look at those tags I can't believe how perfectly turned they are.  I know there's a trick to that, I just don't know what it is. Anyway Suzanne has a gift for sure.  She's so creative.
 
Anyway, maybe today I'll do some cutting and prepare somethings for next week's sewing! Or even weekend sewing.  It sounds fun right? Did you see Lori's cute mittens?  I'll be cutting those for sure. They look like fun.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend everybody! xo


p.s. Hey, I found out that my friend Kathy Brown's book Strip Smart Quilts is on the Top Ten List of Quilt books for 2012!  CONGRATULATIONS KATHY! IT'S WELL DESERVED THAT'S ONE AWESOME BOOK!  Also, did you know that Quiltmaker has a book on the list as well, it's 200 Blocks from Quiltmaker's Magazine! I know that there have been some fantastic blocks in the magazines, so this has to be a winner! 

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen Kershner said...

Oh to have your quilting talent! I swear one of these days I am going to dive in and try.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Love your button block. And Suzanne's tags...those were incredible!

Happy Friday!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Thank you Pam. First I need to say that the button cards are so well printed that they just made me look good. You know how some panels are all wonky? Yours are square so that made things a lot easier. I sewed lightweight woven interfacing all the way around, split the interfacing only and turned them. Sew easy!! I'll do a quick tut this weekend and post on Tuesday so come back for some visuals. Whohoo - I get to make more tags - thanks for asking!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Hi Pam...I love your block...so cute!
And I did see the tags...incredibly cute too!
I'm looking forward to seeing your mittens!!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Nadine Thompson said...

Love this. I guess I really been out of the loop lately. The girls in my family have a tendency to love buttons. I hope I have not missed out. Merry Christmas to you and those you love and those who love you, Nadine

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older