Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ahhhhchoooo.

Good morning!  Thanks for all the really nice comments on my final project yesterday!  You guys  know exactly what to say and how to say it!  I had so much fun with Kimberly and Debbie with this project.  Super thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for hosting such a great sew-a-long! 

This week is off to a rocky start for me, I have the dreaded summer cold!  I'm not really all that sick but plan on spending a lot of time with a box of tissues next to my chair and plenty of crime tv. But I don't want to leave you wondering if I finished up that strawberry pillow! 

/strawberry social pillow
 
What do you think?  I'm so super happy with it.  It was simple to make, just whip up 4 of those luscious ripe strawberries  and sew them in a row.  Take your left over 3 1/2 inch strips of background and stitch them on as borders.  Quilt it up and make a pillow.  I simply grid quilted the strawberries and outlined the blocks and that was it!  I think the hardest part was those stinken pom poms, but I Googled up a couple of tutorials and took the best they all had to offer and gave it a go.   I have an envelope back on it, so once I sewed around the edge it was pillow time!
 
I'm probably going to relax  for most of the week so I can kick this bug to the curb. I'll check back in with you guys and announce the winner of the strawberry drawing by the end of the week! Take it easy! xo

19 Comments:

Blogger MIss Sherry said...

Sew cute my friend. Take good care of yourself and get better. Try not to overload on CSI or NCIS or whatever your eyes find to occupy them! Hugs to you

5:17 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

A perfect way to use your strawberries!! I love your pillow! Take good care of yourself!!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Summer colds are awful. I hope you get better quick! Your strawberry pillow is too cute. Too cute!!!

6:28 AM  
Blogger donna said...

Your pillow turned out beautifully. Love the pom pom edge. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Hugs
donna

6:52 AM  
Blogger Debbie Johnson said...

LOVE the strawberry pillow!! I have wondered if the cute pom pom trim would be a challenge. Good to know we can seek help with that too on the net! They are perfect on it.
I've got my granny boys coming over today for Camp Grandma-we are finishing up some embroidery work (very manly scenes) and making them into pillows. Will post on FB when done.
Hope you kick the cold soon.
Hugs,
Debbie

7:37 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

The pom poms are worth every pit of frustration! They're so cute with those strawberries.

Get well!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

The pom poms are perfect. They add that final touch. Great job.

8:02 AM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

The pom-poms are the perfect final touch! Feel better!

8:03 AM  
Blogger CathyK said...

Ooohhh!!! That pillow is A-DOR-A-BLE!!!! I sure hope you feel better soon!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

That summer cold is a killer. Usually with a fever. After that DARLING PILLOW. You deserve a break. I downloaded my pattern and I'm itching to make at least one block. My time management skills suck lately. Plus the kids. All everything. You know. Love love love the pillow.

8:24 AM  
Blogger kervei said...

Pompoms and strawberries go really well together! The pillow is adorable, at least as cute as the quilt...
I hope you feel better soon!

Love,

Ilse

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Okay...you did it. Now I HAVE to buy the pattern!!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Your pillow is adorable! Well done!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Too cute...again!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

This is SOOO cute - sugar coma cute - I love it! Get well - hope you are resting and getting over the bug. Sorry you are sick!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

Cute, cute, super cute! Feel better soon...xo

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Sorry you have the dreaded summer cold. Feel better soon. Cute strawberry pillow. Gotta find out about this strawberry quilt.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I just love that pillow! So sweet! ♥

7:22 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Oh my!! That is such a sweet pillow!! I love how you made the blocks into a pillow instead of a quilt! Sew perfect, I may need to make one too now. I had the quilt on my list and this would be much faster. :)

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older