Friday, November 22, 2013

And, Friday.

Well here we are at Friday! Phew, thank goodness.  I had a rather exciting day yesterday, I went out to pick up a few things at Target and my car key battery died.  I had put all my stuff in the trunk, naturally I had frozen food, and then the battery gave up the ghost and wouldn't let me in.    I did manage to free the actual key from the little case, whatever that's called... but of course the car was alarmed and to be honest I was afraid that it would lock up if I used the key and didn't disarm it. Frankie came and saved me with the spare key and a latte. I could have worse problems, for sure and waiting in the parking lot gave me that extra dose of Vitamin D I'm sure I needed.

Surprise from Sharon
 
So after all that I got home to some really sweet mail!  My friend Sharon sent me the cutest package! She's been sending me the special Holiday Junior Mints since forever! She knows I love red and she sent me the most adorable red stork scissors and the sweetest little needle minder to match!  That little stork comes with a magnet and you stick the magnet behind your fabric and the stork on top to hold your needle in place.  I'm dying over them they're so cute.  So what a cheerful day! I feel so lucky to have a great friend like Sharon!  Now I just need to get in and put those scissors to work!
 
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!! I'm hoping to get more sewing in! What about you?
 
 
p.s. here's the link to the scissors just in case you're like me and need these kinds of things!

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

What a sweet daughter to come to mom's rescue with a spare key and a coffee. Love that! Sharon's scissors are so cute.

Have a great weekend.

OH. WAIT. Our PKP came late yesterday! So cute to see your little face there on that puppy panel.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Nadine Thompson said...

Well Pam thanks to you I have found another really good blog/online store. kelly Will absolutely love the red scissors etc I will be slipping into her Christmas stocking. It is true, you have a wonderful daughter as I also have. We are blessed. I have little time to quilt these days though I have started a hexagon piece. Travels well to hospital and sometimes into the night. Take care and happy holidays to you and those you love.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

Yes, I am sewing this weekend. Sewing the four apple block. Today I cut out the star block and the court house steps. Need to be ready for Monday's block.

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older