Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday

Hi there Wednesday!  How is the week treating you?  I've been chugging away, finished my bindings and reading a book that Melissa sent me.  We both love Agent Pendergast, and she generously shared her copy with me. I normally listen while driving around in the car, but I'm not driving around as much as I used to, although honestly with it being so chilly here sitting in the car with the seat heaters is a treat. 

coffee
 
I know it's totally kid stuff for people who get snow, but it's been pretty cold here. California Cold sure, it was in the mid-20s this morning. I braved the weather  in my pjs to grab a picture.. of course you can't see the steam rising off the coffee and you can barely tell there's a layer of frost on the chair, you can see where it's melting away under the cup.  Everything, my swing, the chairs, the roof tops, the lawn all covered in a layer of white. And it lasted till after 9am which is a surprise, usually it melts away by  8am.

company
 
I had company, this squirrel stood there the whole time, then scampered away when I headed back into the house.  Show's over.
 
Speaking of show.. thanks for the nice comments and emails about the ClubHouse! Do you know you can catch it on You Tube as well, just click here. I love those Accuquilt dies.
 
Ok, that's about it for today. What's on your agenda for the rest of the week? xo

8 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

We made the cutest PKM Dresden pillow yesterday. Thank you for making such happy fabric that spreads the love! I'll show you a photo next week when we get the hand stitching and binding on.

I've been walking early in the mornings and yesterday it was 26 degrees. I commented to my friend that the leaves looked like Martha Stewart had been there and dusted them with her bronze, super fine glitter. I couldn't figure out a way to get them home to photograph them before the "glitter" melted. So beautiful!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love your pictures of a coffee cup each time - it's my favorite beverage too and just makes me want to read your Blog!! (Coffee time/Break time).
I enjoyed seeing the You Tube on the Christmas Tree Skirt. You made it look fun and easy!
I received all your delicious fabric and sat and organized it and just gazed while deciding which pattern to do first with it. Just LOVE it!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

You're so funny -- "Show's over". What lucky squirrels to have the PKM show to watch everyday. My poor squirrels have very boring entertainment -- which might be why they make such a mess of our yard burying those darn acorns!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

That squirrel! What a character. The red squirrel in our neighborhood doesn't like me one bit. I think he associates me with his nemesis--a certain black cat by the name of Stinka.

Enjoy your time with Pendergast!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I just finished the new Agent Pendergast novel "White Fire" love the Pendergast series - I even paid full price on my Nook for the last one.
Recently, I found your fabrics and now I am an avid collector - just looking for the perfect pattern. Stay warm.
Teresa

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, a new Preston & Child book!! I love their books. I hope I can still add this to my Christmas list from my Santa?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Karen in Breezy Point said...

Thanks for posting the you tube link. I'm a Quilt Show member but I wasn't allowed into the club! The skirt is adorable and I'm loving the pink and red. I have the swag die on my wish list!

4:10 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Just had some time this evening to watch the clubhouse. What a cute project and as you said very doable in a short amount of time. I think I will have to order those swags, I am surprised they work on my Go Baby, they look so big!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older