Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy 2014

Good morning and Happy New Year!  Did you have a big evening?  As usual I hit the sack long before the ball dropped. Our neighborhood was full of fire crackers or crazy lunatics with guns, or possibly both,  so there was no really good sleeping till after midnight.  Lucky for us Peep doesn't care about neighborhood shenanigans anymore and she didn't bark her way through the evening. 

Coffee

Today's coffee is brought to you courtesy of Nanette, who sent me this adorable vintage mug and an equally adorable Christmas tree coaster. That just couldn't be cuter, to me anyway. She totally gets me for sure. One last use of that cute coaster before it gets put away with the last of Christmas.

The year of not hoarding
 
I'm trying out some new things this year.  Like using stuff.  Yes, you heard me, this 'saving it for later' thing has got to end. I bought this iron last year LAST YEAR PEOPLE at CHA and have had it in the box it came shipped in since then.  Completely ridiculous.   I kept thinking that my old iron was still working, but honestly it leaks like a sieve. And then I was thinking well, I have a lot of fusing to do and I don't want to mess up the new ironing board cover or the iron with fusible gone wrong.  IT'S NUTS!  So today I'm clearing off the ironing board and putting on a nice new heavy duty cover and breaking out this new pretty iron.  I dare me to do it. I'm almost there, it's out of the box right?
 
Hope that 2014 is working out ok so far.  I'm looking forward to a fresh start! HAPPY NEW YEAR! xop 

16 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

You think like I do! I have stuff all over that I haven't used. I'm saving my money this year to buy all of the Pam Kitty fabric in at least one yard increments! I'm broke right now so it's on my "creative visualization" list. Love everything you design! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a happy new year! Cheery wave from Bev

7:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Happy New Year! The crazy lunatics with guns and firecrackers were mostly quiet this year, in comparison to year's past. A good sign, right? Less crazies for 2014!

Love your new/old mug.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

You will have to let us know how you like your Oliso iron. I've had my eye on buying one, but they are on the pricy side and I'm curious to find out if they are worth the cost.
Happy New Year!!!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sewn With Grace said...

I would buy that iron just for the color, seriously!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Happy New Year PKM!!! Isn't Nanette just the best -- she's a doll! I can't wait to see what excitment 2014 will bring to PKM!

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Martha said...

Happy New Year Pam!! Looking forward to another year of bloggy fun and inspiration!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Sharrieboberry said...

Happy New Iron Day! You can do it!

We stayed up late--the kiddos were out and we were waiting for them to come home. They arrived home, safe and sound. :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

You will love that iron!!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Happy New Year~

10:31 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Oh, Pam, I do the same thing!!!! I thought I was the only person who buys something, brings it home and there it sits - for years! LOL!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Happy New Year, Pam! You're gonna wish you'd taken your new Oliso out of the box a long time ago! I LOVE mine so much I have two!
Cheers!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Kindred Quilts said...

I'm with Sewn With Grace... love the color of your new iron! Would love to hear how you like it...

4:55 PM  
Blogger LBP said...

Happy new Year!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I know what you mean. By all means use that cute new iron. You got me with that pretty yellow. I've never seen an iron like that. Oh and I love a spanking new ironing board cover.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year, Pam! I love, love, love your charming creations... Wishing you a happy and healthy 2014 packed with lovely stitches!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I'm hoping you'll give us a review and some feedback on that new iron.....it's been on my wishlist forever!

Now you've inspired me to go crawl into that pretty "new" nightgown that I've been "saving"! :-)

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older