Thursday, July 17, 2014

Backyard friends

Hi there happy friends how are you?  It's been a busy week here at PamKittyville.  You know, the usual run of the mill stuff.  I did get my Diamond Ring quilt all put together and ready to drop off at Diana's when I pick up the  quilts I dropped last week.  And as ever, I have some things coming up that are fun.. just can't show them yet.  Sorry!  Thanks for all your kind comments on my Makin' it Cute post.  Those flowers were so fun.

backyard pals

The drought has brought a lot of friends into the backyard.  My hummingbirds are back more often for  drinks at the feeder.  I suspect there's a lot less in the way of flowers for them.   I have a new Canon PowerShot SX700 HS and it's zoom is great. This is taken from the back door, which is probably 15 -20 feet from the feeder?  This is one of the smaller hummers, there is a big  one regularly joins the smaller pair.  The small ones still come right up to me, which I pretend is because they know me but more than likely they're just not afraid of me.

backyard pals
 
Also in residence are the squirrels.  I know most people don't like them but they provide me with a lot of entertainment.  This is on of a pair of adolescents that are pretty playful.  He's pretty  far from me.  I love watching them play on the fence and on the ugly palm tree.  Kids!  There have been some cooler moments lately that make it nice for sitting outside.

That's about it around here! Hope you are having a great week! xo

8 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Pam!!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Hope your day is great!! I love our backyard friends...currently feeding a family of raccoons...so cute!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Colleen M said...

I have never seen a humming bird not in flight. What a fantastic photo! Thanks for sharing:)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

What a great picture of the Hummingbird. Yes, those little squirrel rascals kept my dad very busy and 'entertained' for years. Ever since they got into his big bird 'apartment'(not house) because the grape vines had grown up to it. Needless to say when the babies were growing,the mom squirrel had to gnaw the whole 'house' and holes bigger to give room for all. What wonderful months(for us kids)of watching it all transpire, till the mom carried her babies away. Then the vines were cut and the bird 'apartment' (it was huge) rebuild and moved, but the squirrels never failed to entertain even then.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HBD PKM! (is it really your birthday? is it National Pam Appreciation Month?) Hope your day is perfect!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thimbleanna is driving she says HBD too!!!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think of you as the hummingbird lady. That is a nice picture, its so clear. Thank you for sharing the camera information.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- I see Brigitte delivered my HB wishes -- I was on a long road trip yesterday and talked to her -- she said she was commenting so I told her to comment for me too LOL.

I just can't picture squirrels on palm trees -- those two climate zones don't match up in my mind, although they obviously do -- guess I need to get out more. I'm impressed that you can keep track of your squirrels -- I never know one from the other. It's probably best that I not know which one has destroyed my patio chairs -- AGAIN!

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday!!!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older