Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday

So how's the week treating you?  So far so good on my end.  I'm working behind the scenes on projects I can't show and trying to figure out stuff to work on that I can! I came across this pincushion on Pinterest,  and absolutely had to make one.  (instructions found here)
 
Quiltmaker Pincusion

Unlike a lot of cute people, I'm not all organized (and I'm talking about you Lori!)but I still had no problem pulling fabrics for this project.. everything was in a big  pile just waiting to be used. I took a cue from Suzanne and fussy cut the Recipe for Success fabric as the center of my Dresden.
 
Quiltmaker Pincusion
 
I think it turned out pretty cute.  Pretty big, somehow, even though they had those scissors in the shot for scale, it still seemed smaller to me.  I'm almost wishing I made it a little bigger and turned it into a boxy pillow.  But hey, I could do it, that pile if fabric is still, well, piled up!
 
Somehow I missed getting in on the upcoming blog hop for Quiltmaker 100 Blocks, but I didn't miss out on getting in on video fun!  I'll show you my block next week! Until then check out the video!
 
Ok, that's it for today.  Anything new on your end? xo
 
P. S. Thanks again Katie Jean for sending me that mini Dresden template!!! I love it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

That pincushion is adorable! Nice job on the fussy cutting.

I agree that you should make it bigger and turn it into a pillow!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute, and thank you for the link to the pattern!
Denise

6:40 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It turned out adorable Pam. I still want to do a tiny one but I too have secret sewing that takes precedence. Some day...

7:20 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Cute pincushion! I have that tiny Dresden ruler on a keychain and have never even tried it! Maybe it's time to rediscover it!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older