Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mail Call

Hi there and Happy Thursday!  How is the week going ?  We are in the middle of a cooling trend, which to me is anything under 90 degrees...and I'm loving it. That 10 to 15 degree drop makes all the difference in the world. And like anyone who qualifies for a senior citizens discount, I want to talk about the weather. In the summer it's all about whether or not the fog came in through the (Golden) gate, is it a spare the air day and how hot will it be tomorrow?

sewing kit
 
But TODAY I can talk about some other things!   I received a surprise package from Elaine.  Back in June, Elaine won a give-away I had for the Pat Sloan Applique book.  I was happy that she was excited about it, and I shipped it off to her.  This week, I received this delightful package from Elaine as a thank you.  OHMYGOSH CAN YOU STAND IT?  Totally thoughtful, she remembered that I said my mother used a coin purse.. I don't even remember where I mentioned it, and she made a little coin purse for her.  Inside are two 100Grand candy bars which I think is the cutest thing ever to put  inside a purse.  My mom has a secret sweet tooth.. so she'll love them, and of course she's going to flip over the little purse. 

Open sewing kit
 
The sewing kit is wonderful. I have seen people making these on Instagram, and always coveted them.. and now I have one, make from my own Pam Kitty Garden fabrics.  It was such and out of the blue surprise, and so very thoughtful.  So again, Elaine, thank you so very very much.

pears
 
Also in the mail another sweet surprise!  I saw Debbie work on this runner on Instagram and over on Facebook and loved it.  It's so cheerful and I love pears, the fruit to eat and the fruit in fabric form.  When I received a package from Debbie I was thinking hmm, what's this?  Feels squishy! 

pears
 
Holy cow, I open it up and here's the pear runner! Debbie made it for me!!!! She used a lot of my favorite Pam Kitty prints and I'm thrilled with it.  So so cute and unexpected. Debbie is on a sewing and cross-stitching frenzy now that she's retired...when she isn't busy babysitting the darling Greyson!
pears
 
I'm overwhelmed at my good fortune.  Seriously, I love love love my runner and my sewing kit! Debbie and Elaine you've spoiled me!  Again, I cannot even believe how kind people are to me.

Ok, hope you guys have  a super weekend!  xoxo
 
 
 
 
Note: according to Debbie's post on Instagram, the pattern for the runner is "Pears & Pinwheels" by Blueberry Hill Quilt Designs

Sewing kit information here!

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Morning Miss Kitty:
Yesterday we sold FCK fabric to a Muslim woman to make a dress for herself. We have several Muslim women who buy fabric from us and are all so creative with their choices of fabrics for their long dresses and head covers. I'm hoping she will wear in in one day so I can send you a photo for your collection. Have a great day!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Lucky Pamie.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

You have special friends!! These gifts are beautiful!! You enjoy!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older